No announcement yet.

Christian Yelich, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purely thinking about the power, how fun would a Cruz-Ozuna-Stanton outfield be? I agree with you guys though, Stanton, not Yelich should be moved to 1B if this is what they want.

Comment

• I mean, it obviously depends on whether Stanton is comfortable with it, both physically and mentally. I'd guess it's a longshot.

Yelich doesn't have nearly as much sway, so it'd be him if it came to it.

And probably not a big deal either way.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
        Just purely thinking about the power, how fun would a Cruz-Ozuna-Stanton outfield be? I agree with you guys though, Stanton, not Yelich should be moved to 1B if this is what they want.
        For all of this organization's flaws, condoning PED use is not one of them.

Unless I'm crazy, I can't think of one big name guy under Loria and Co. that has been accused/proven of use, and I can't think of anyone they've brought in after such a thing happened. Ronny Paulino comes to mind, but IIRC, unlike other front offices that issue a tampered apology and support the player, the front office publicly decried his use. The minor leaguers I can think of were cut, I think. Luis Gonzalez is the only other guy I can think of that even had an air of doubt around him, and even then, that was really just because of the big HR jump.

All of this to see, I can't see them bringing in Cruz. Especially not with his ties to Biogenesis, which is based in Miami. I would assume there would be concern he would have ties to people from his "past" which could lead to bad things.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Pudge?

Comment

• Kinda forgot Dan Jennings.

Did Pudge ever really have "serious" allegations?
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• I thought his name was on one of those big lists that got published years back.

Comment

• I think Canseco named him.
                --------------------
                Also the big steroid survey that got leaked was from the 2003 season...so they wouldn't have brought him in having known he had been linked to it. In fact, maybe that's why they didn't make a bigger effort to sign him? Who knows. As much as I dislike the FO I have always seem them as having zero tolerance for PED use and being one of the strongest in the game in that regard.
                Last edited by emkayseven; 09-10-2014, 03:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• According to the Mitchell report, Lo Duca was reported to have used pretty extensively while here.

But you are right, I can't think of any player they have signed after stuff has come out.
                  poop

Comment

• I knew it wasn't going to happen and I wasn't advocating it either. Just imagining the power on that team.

Comment

• true

Comment

• The Marlins have never been at the center of any steroid controversy. To say they've been strong is saying so with little evidence. Ricky Bones did roids, however.

Rumor was Dodgers traded LoDuca because they knew he was off the roids and his numbers reflected it.

Comment

• I think LoDuca always sucked.

Comment

• he really only had one really good year (2001)

career OPS+ of 97, only 2 years over 100 (01, 142 & 06, 102)

Comment

• Yeah, I was looking at his numbers. That year he had in 2001 was fucking unreal. His roids dealer deserved a raise that year. Other than that he was pretty shit.

Comment

• They should really leave the outfield alone and just trade pitching for infielders. This isn't a big deal. This would be fine for an infield next year.

Salty, Mathis
                                Jones / Young guy acquired for Eovaldi
                                Dietrich / Kike / Baker
                                Hech
                                McGehee / Young guy acquired for Cishek

Jones, Kike, and Baker could cover the backup OF spots and let them all compete for playing time in infield. Even better if they could dump Jones/Bakers salary and reinvest elsewhere, but probably unlikely.

Not novel concept here. I'm not sure why you even contemplate moving your stud young LF out of position after a break out year. They can acquire other infielders, there isn't a magical FA OF on that list that is going to force them to move someone. Let alone, Yelich doesn't really fit the offensive profile for a 1B anyways. I can buy a health argument for Stanton, but not sure remotely close to that yet.

Just trade pitching for longterm infielders and sign a big time SP in FA. That easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X