Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presumably you're being sarcastic, yes?
    poop

Comment

• Kolek's fastball is gonna look so great when he becomes Matt Lindstrom though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Would be nice to have Rodon to step in and replace Heaney on the depth chart, huh?
        I was a fan of Kolek in the draft, but that Kolek over Rodon pick will haunt this team. Rodon will be in the majors by June, and with the team's "win now" mentality it sure would be nice to have the more polished version of what Heaney is supposed to be circa 2013 in Rodon.

Comment

• Depends what they give up (and if they have anything to give up) but I'd like to see Morneau with the Marlins, personally. I think he's a better player than Morse and fits in with this line-up better (i.e. "lefty bat"). That one-year thing is a big concern though, admittedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Presumably you're being sarcastic, yes?
            Yes. But I did just look into his stats again and for everyone being so down on him the only thing that looks bad last year was the k/9. If he puts up the same line in AAA what happens. His Bb/9 was 1.06 which is crazy. And it put his k/Bb better than Heaneys in the minors for last year. I don't think he profiles well going forward but I love seeing that type of pitcher succeed

Comment

• I'm really eager to find out what starter they truly want. They have the money to get it done (supposedly)

Comment

• Jeffery Loria has somehow made a career out of owning a baseball team with $850 in his bank account.

Comment

• Frisaro on Twitter:
                  Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 15m15 minutes ago
                  Morneau deal may actually be done with #Marlins not entirely confirmed
                  This would give the Marlins a really solid lineup. Now they would just need to add a SP.

Comment

• @JoeFrisaro
                    I jumped the gun projecting Morneau to #Marlins could be nearly done. That is not the case. May not even be a match #Rockies
                    poop

Comment

• classic Frisaro

Comment

• @jaysonst: .@jcrasnick #Marlins source says they'lll announce a signing of a starting pitcher it's not Justin Mastersin
                        Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                          Twitter
                          Shields?

We can dream right?

Comment

• Probably Brandon Morrow or Brett Anderson.
                            --------------------
                            The Marlins aren't done upgrading. They are expected one, and possibly two, more deals on Thursday on the final day of the Winter Meetings. They are believed to be closing in on a deal with Colorado for first baseman Justin Morneau. They're also looking to add another starting pitcher.
                            Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#storylink=cpy
                            Last edited by marlinsfan24; 12-11-2014, 02:10 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Am I the only one not a big fan of Morneau? (Unless he doesn't cost anything)

107 OPS+ last four year, took a career high BABIP last year and Coors to put up the respectable line he did last year.

Showed he still doesn't have the power he did in his prime

He's living off his name.

Then again, so is Dan Haren, so, yeah. Yeah...

Comment

• Morneau is probably still very capable of putting up at least an .820 OPS against righties, so at the right cost, I'd be fine with it.

But we won't platoon him with Baker, which will be annoying.
                                --------------------
                                Not starting Baker somewhere vs. lefties is stupid and it looks like it's going to end up happening.
                                Last edited by HUGG; 12-11-2014, 02:31 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X