X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loria Resigns Greg Dobbs

Well, Loria said he wanted offense, so here he is, Uncle Greg Dobbs

note who "negotiated" the deal

The Marlins are re-signing infielder/pinch-hitter Greg Dobbs, who was due to become a free agent. He said a deal was struck between his agent and owner Jeffrey Loria.

Dobbs, whose two-year, $3 million contract is expiring, is batting .229 this season but hit .275 and .285 in his previous two years with the Marlins.

Dobbs’ signing leaves Placido Polanco, pitcher Chad Qualls (who got the win Wednesday) and outfielders Pierre and Austin Kearns as the Marlins’ free agents. Kearns has missed most of the season because of family health issues. Dobbs, catcher Jeff Mathis (due $1.5 million in 2014) and pitcher Jacob Turner ($1 million team option) are now under contract for next season, and everyone else is under team control for 2014.

The arbitration eligible Marlins are outfielder Giancarlo Stanton, who could see his salary jump from $537,000 to between $6 million and $8 million, first baseman Logan Morrison, infielder/outfielder Chris Coghlan, outfielder Ruggiano and pitchers Ryan Webb, Mike Dunn and Kevin Slowey.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/2...#storylink=cpy
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

lololololololololololololololol
    --------------------
    It's safe to say this organization has reached an all time low.

They're not even trying to hide the fact that the art dealer is making all of the baseball decisions.
    Last edited by Namaste; 09-26-2013, 09:11 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

owner negotiates a deal for a shitty bench bat; deal is announced by the player

what world are we living in?
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

We will never lack in leadership and professional approaches!

Comment

Gotta figure with this Beinfest is gone...a player gets resigned by the owner and there's not even an announcement from the team?

I still have a hard time believing Loria would want to pay him to do nothing though so I assume he's just trying to squeeze him out of the picture and force him to resign, but with the Mariner's job stabilized now I assume Beinfest will stick it out for as long as he can tolerate

Comment

Is this real life?

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              Gotta figure with this Beinfest is gone...a player gets resigned by the owner and there's not even an announcement from the team?

I still have a hard time believing Loria would want to pay him to do nothing though so I assume he's just trying to squeeze him out of the picture and force him to resign, but with the Mariner's job stabilized now I assume Beinfest will stick it out for as long as he can tolerate
              To be fair, Beinfest has done the same thing before (assuming he was in charge before). This is no different than what they did when Wes Helms was around.

Comment

$1.7 million, Dobbs got a RAISE
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Erick View Post
                To be fair, Beinfest has done the same thing before (assuming he was in charge before). This is no different than what they did when Wes Helms was around.
                I do not think it is safe to assume he was in charge before
                Last edited by lou; 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  This is very different, because Beinfest is the general manager and one would assume he would make signings. That's the point. Not that they resigned a shitty hitter, or gave him a raise, or signed him quietly in-season, but that the owner was the one who signed him, not the general manager. Hill/Beinfest are nowhere on this one, and THAT'S the difference.
                  --------------------
                  Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1h
                  Greg Dobbs agreed to the $1.7M marlins extension in june. greg* is correct spelling.
                  in June. JUNE!
                  --------------------
                  David Cameron ‏@DCameronFG 1h
                  -2.5 WAR since start of 2010. Gotta lock that up.
                  lmao
                  --------------------
                  it's the influence of the Lil' Dobbers:

Did anyone know this was a thing? Fucking Greg Dobbs has a kids fan club?
                  --------------------
                  super excited for him to become the manager after Joe Espada is fired 8 months after he takes over when Redmond is fired next year
                  --------------------
                  in the background of the photo, Tino Martinez lurks and physically harasses Mike Redmond
                  Last edited by emkayseven; 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

This is really getting out of hand.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

The Jerry Jones of the MLB strikes again!!

Beinfest/Hill?? U guys realize that if Loria could name himself the VP and GM that he would right? Shit he would prolly name himself the Manager if he could get away with sitting in his NY penthouse and doing it from there
                      --------------------
                      At least we know why Dobbs wasn't traded at the deadline and yes about 5 teams did ask about him.

Jeff what u want for Dobbs?
                      He is staying we just signed him to a 1 yr Extension
                      Last edited by tjfla; 09-26-2013, 12:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

For a second I saw Loria Resigns

Comment

I bet Perry Hill is a big fan of the move. WAR, what is it good for? #stopit

Or something.

Comment

Loria made Dobbs resign? His contract was up anyways, seems unnecessary.
                            poop

Comment

Looks like Loria wasn't fooling around when he said he wanted to improve the offense.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                              X