No announcement yet.

Fish Reach 1 Year Agreement with McGehee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's at 3.something service time I think? Maybe 4. We'd still have at least one year of control over him after this season, maybe two.

I don't really expect much out of him but it's better to take a risk move like this rather than sign another Placido Polanco.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
      He's at 3.something service time I think? Maybe 4. We'd still have at least one year of control over him after this season, maybe two.

I don't really expect much out of him but it's better to take a risk move like this rather than sign another Placido Polanco.
      ZiPS projects a 1.3 WAR for him. That's a slight improvement over Solano.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post

Well, to be fair, we already signed another Placido Polanco this offseason. His name is Rafael Furcal.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I think the offseason is pretty much over for us now.
          C - Saltalamacchia
          1B - Jones
          2B - Furcal
          3B - Mcgehee
          SS - Hech
          LF - Yelich
          CF - Ozuna
          RF - Stanton

SP1 - Fernandez
          SP2 - Eovaldi
          SP3 - Alvarez
          SP4 - Turner
          SP5 - Koehler or cheap veteran

Closer - Cishek
          Rest of the pen - Capps, Dunn, Ramos, Jennings, Caminero, young guy or cheap veteran
          --------------------
          ^ + a bench of Mathis, Solano, Lucas, Dobbs and Bogusevic.
          3 or 4 spots still open

SP5(1)-They want a veteran who can eat innings,probably will sign 1 who doesn't have work still when ST starts to a 1 yr major league deal

RP(1/2)-They will be signing like 5-10 to minor league deals and they will be fighting with Koehler for 1 or 2 spots

Bench(Maybe 1)-Jennings is trying to convince Loria to get rid of Dobbs since Bogusevic can do exactly what he does.

Comment

Is there a list who is out of options with all the pitchers?

I think Caminero and Hand both out? Koehler and Flynn both can be sent to minors?

I think that is going to dictate a few early season April moves basically.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
              Is there a list who is out of options with all the pitchers?

I think Caminero and Hand both out? Koehler and Flynn both can be sent to minors?

I think that is going to dictate a few early season April moves basically.
              Haven't seen a list but think u are right on Caminero,Koehler and Flynn. Not sure on Hand tho cause of all his DL stuff

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                ZiPS projects a 1.3 WAR for him. That's a slight improvement over Solano.
                Where are you getting ZiPS projections?
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Well, to be fair, we already signed another Placido Polanco this offseason. His name is Rafael Furcal.
                No, he's the Juan Pierre signing Dat leadoff speed and nothingelse
                Last edited by nny; 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The season ticket server crashed today

Comment

More like McGheyhee, amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Haven't seen a list but think u are right on Caminero,Koehler and Flynn. Not sure on Hand tho cause of all his DL stuff
                      Almost certain Hand is out of options. Caminero is as well. Koehler has one more year left.
                      --------------------
                      Also, the 40 is full so a corresponding move will have to be made.
                      Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-18-2013, 03:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Caminero's making the team unless he has a horrific Spring Training.

He pitched pretty well in limited time last year and there's already been an article about him helping to replace Webb/Qualls innings from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                          Almost certain Hand is out of options. Caminero is as well. Koehler has one more year left.
                          --------------------
                          Also, the 40 is full so a corresponding move will have to be made.
                          Not a big deal Hatcher can be DFA'd. I can't imagine they keep 5 catches on the 40 man too. Someone is going to get booted eventually.

I would give Hand April starts and put Koehler in the pen (where he is going to end up anyways). See what happens and reassess in May.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            3 or 4 spots still open

SP5(1)-They want a veteran who can eat innings,probably will sign 1 who doesn't have work still when ST starts to a 1 yr major league deal

RP(1/2)-They will be signing like 5-10 to minor league deals and they will be fighting with Koehler for 1 or 2 spots

Bench(Maybe 1)-Jennings is trying to convince Loria to get rid of Dobbs since Bogusevic can do exactly what he does.
                            Bogusevic doesn't play first or third base so your last statement is wrong.

This is the wrong thread but I don't understand the need for that number 5 starter unless we know that one of the starters will be traded soon. The club has a lot of arms that they can throw there and I think all but Hand have options left. Unless they are just saying that all these guys have no value to the organization other than filler and could never be traded for a guy in A-ball, they need to give them opportunities to start over some worthless veteran who is going to put up the same if not lower WAR than the collection of them. Hand has no long-term value on this team with no options so he should be the first to go and by showcasing him in April, this gives other teams a chance to assess his value.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              Not a big deal Hatcher can be DFA'd. I can't imagine they keep 5 catches on the 40 man too. Someone is going to get booted eventually.

I would give Hand April starts and put Koehler in the pen (where he is going to end up anyways). See what happens and reassess in May.
                              Skipworth was DFA'd.

Comment

I love Brad Hand's potential, but he needs better command.
                                --------------------
                                This team is a lot more exciting on paper than last year's team. I'm already excited for April.
                                Last edited by Big Z; 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X