Henderson Alvarez Throws 5th No-Hitter in Marlins History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turner has been awful in 2nd half.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Turner should work out of the pen next yr. He has 1 or 2 good games then next game walks 5 and forgets where the strikezone is.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Think he could fit in as our #4 or #5 starter?

Fernandez
        Heaney
        Turner
        Alvarez
        ?
        Uh, yeah.

At the end of the 2013 season, I don't see how you'd think anything other than Eovaldi is going to be the #2 next year and Alvarez was better than Turner. Turner kinda sucked. And Heaney probably doesn't start the year with the big team next year.

Comment

Think he probably meant long term
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Eovaldi and Alvarez are only a year older than Turner.

Comment

Fernandez/Heaney/Alvarez are the three I think stay in the rotation long term. Liked Alvarez potential before the game and like it still. Eovaldi has great stuff and could be a nice 4/5 for most teams but long term he seems like a bullpen guy to me.

Turner's stuff hasn't impressed me at all. I don't feel confident in him staying in the rotation past next season.

Oh, and I started watching this game in the 7th inning. That was the most fun I've had watching a Marlins game since Donnie Murphy walkoff week.

Comment

I do not understand why people think Eovaldi is a bullpen arm/no better than #4/#5 long-term. A lot of people seem to think this. To a lesser extent, some people say the same about Alvarez.

You don't need to average a strikeout per inning to be a good starting pitcher.

These guys are young and have good stuff. They're not going to the bullpen any time soon.

Comment

I think we flip a pitcher or two to get a bat back. Our offense is so putrid we need some thing. I don't see us actually spending money.

Comment

Let's try to score them some runs next year.

Show up, see what happens.
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Don't like any of Turner/Eovaldi/Alvarez longterm. They're all ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        Don't like any of Turner/Eovaldi/Alvarez longterm. They're all ass.
                        They are not.

Comment

Eovaldi had a 3.59 FIP and 4.15 xFIP. He can easily be a No. 4 or 5.
                          Alvarez's numbers are similar. Even if their ERAs were a bit inflated this season, they can easily be league average starting pitchers.
                          --------------------
                          Jacob Turner's got a lot further to go than either Eovaldi or Alvarez.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-29-2013, 04:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

With run support I think they would pitch better as well. When you are pitching not to give up 1 damn run cause your team can't score to save their lives it's diff. Put some bats in the lineup and see what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by jOOj View Post
                              Let's try to score them some runs next year.
                              Woah now, let's try to focus on things that are possible.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                                Woah now, let's try to focus on things that are possible.
                                IMPOSSIBRUUUUU!
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X