No announcement yet.

Loria Refusing Overtures to Buy Team from Big Names, Including Jeb Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised he doesnt want to sell if he is losing SO MUCH MONEY every year...

oh wait.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
      The title over immediate sale is so short sighted. Imagine how healthy the franchise would be if anyone with a clue purchased the team in 2002. That foundation has been so badly squandered, and there's no long-term hope.
      Give me rings.

Give me a single championship now over potential championships later.
      Last edited by Mainge; 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        Give me rings.

Give me a single championships now over potential championships later.
        So, if a hypothetical trade were to be proposed (similar to the Manny for Stanton swap a few years back), you choose to trade for Manny?
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
          So, if a hypothetical trade were to be proposed (similar to the Manny for Stanton swap a few years back), you choose to trade for Manny?
          That is not a good analogy.

Comment

Does trading for Manny give you a ring?
            --------------------
            I would have traded Stanton for Manny back then if it could have guaranteed a championship that year
            Last edited by Mainge; 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

You never know for sure, but it certainly would have improved the chances if Manny had come here and put up the line that he did (.396/.489/.743 down the stretch, .290/.418/.531 in the playoffs).
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Does trading for Manny give you a ring?
                --------------------
                I would have traded Stanton for Manny back then if it could have guaranteed a championship that year
                With the benefit of seeing what Manny did in LA his first year there, I'd think that putting 50 games of .396/.489/.743 in the lineup over Hermida's .249/.323/.406 probably gets you as close to a championship as you could realistically expect.
                --------------------
                The '08 team probably didn't have the pitching, but you know, that kind of bat is crazy. Especially to an 84 win club.
                Last edited by Swifty; 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm talking about a guaranteed championship, since that's what the original hypothetical scenario involved.

I absolutely would have traded 19 year OF prospect with huge strikeout issues for a championship.

Comment

Would you have made the trade if you had an 80% chance of winning the NL and 70% chance of winning the World Series, but Stanton's prime would be 80% guaranteed to include eight ASG appearances in ten years and at least one MVP?

This is strictly curiosity, for the record
                    - Daft

Comment

If Loria HYPOTHETICALLY sold the team tommorow to an ownership group with deep pockets, is there anyone here who would not be in favor of this?

Comment

Just because hypothetical stuff fascinates me:

If the Marlins were to make a crazy, irresponsible, go for a title trade in 2008, isn't Stanton et al for Sabathia the one to make? That 08 team needed pitching baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. That's probably what held it back more than anything. Uggla and Hanley and Cantu (lolz) were pretty fine for the middle of the order. That team lacked the super elite bat that it had in 07 and 09, so it would have been a fun upgrade for sure, but it had no pitching.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        If Loria HYPOTHETICALLY sold the team tommorow to an ownership group with deep pockets, is there anyone here who would not be in favor of this?
                        Erick for sure.
                        Last edited by Swifty; 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Would you have made the trade if you had an 80% chance of winning the NL and 70% chance of winning the World Series, but Stanton's prime would be 80% guaranteed to include eight ASG appearances in ten years and at least one MVP?

I'm guessing he would pick Stanton since Stanton is likely to lead the franchise to more championships in this case...
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Swifty View Post

Erick for sure.
                          Right, I love Loria.
                          Last edited by Erick; 02-06-2013, 03:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Erick, its a yes or no.

Comment

Erick doesn't like Loria. Ya'll silly

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                Hell no.
                                --------------------

What are our chances of winning those things with those 10 years of Stanton?
                                Last edited by Mainge; 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X