Marlins Trade 39th Overall Pick to Pirates for Bryan Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    We called on Samardzija but they started with Heaney so that is dead.
    Of course they would ask for Heaney (and Moran). That means things are dead? I have a hard time thinking something like Koehler/Turner, Marisnick, Dietrich, Nicolino, another MiLB arm from the Conley/Urena/Disco/Flynn class, and IFA doesn't get a conversation started. It's still two guys in BA100, a young starter MLB now with potential to settle into a 4, a hitter with real potential, another arm, and bucks.

Maybe it's not enough because that ultra sexy prime piece isn't in there, but there is something to be said about a lot of good pieces (and Marlins eating salary) and the Marlins are in an interesting position to shell all that out and it really impacts nothing short of long term if they get a serious SP back for a year and a half (and those comp picks for him) which helps them contend. Let alone throw ins like Bonifacio/RP/Backup OF which could help the back end of the roster.

Just saying. I think my point is not to hammer on hypotheticals, but they have pieces to make a move and if they really want to contend, do it now so if things go great you have these guys for 6 more weeks, and if they go not so great, still have time to trade in July and recoup a lot of what you moved.

Comment

• Morris is kinda going all over our faces
      poop

Comment

• 9.1IP 6H 1BB 10K for Miami.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• 18.2ip 0er as a Marlin

Comment

• Hey, if I knew he would start striking batters out all of a sudden I wouldn't have hated the move as much.
            poop

Comment

• I knew.

Comment

• you lie
                poop

Comment

• Now if they'll only stop using Gregg in the 8th and use the guy who's getting people out.

Comment

• After today's outing, Bryan Morris has thrown 21.1 scoreless innings for the Marlins and has only given up 17 hits and has punched out 18. His ERA has lowered from 3.80 with the Pirates to a 2.00.

Comment

• He's done a hell of a job. If it wasn't for our terrible reputation and the fact that we want to sign Stanton this offseason, I would trade away Cishek, Dunn, etc., and prepare for 2015.

Comment

• I think I read somewhere that he added a pitch recently (Cutter?) and the Marlins were impressed by it. Or did I dream that?

Comment

• It's not all that surprising that his K's are up a bit. I believe I wrote at the time of the trade that his swstrk% was pretty high for a guy who wasn't striking guys out.

Of course, it was impossible to predict that he'd be as good as he's been so far.

I think a positive since the beginning of June is the emergence of some bullpen arms in the organization. In addition to Morris, I really like the improvements of Hatcher and Dyson. Dyson's sample is really small at the big league level, but he seems like a strike-thrower with good stuff. He gets a lot of ground balls.

Comment

• I reread the beginning of this thread and everyone hated this trade lol. I really hope Morris continues to dominate in 2015.

Comment

• tjfla was right.

Take that Todd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                tjfla was right.

Take that Todd.
                                About what?
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X