• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About you not eating a frog.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      I reread the beginning of this thread and everyone hated this trade lol. I really hope Morris continues to dominate in 2015.
      With the information we (as fans) had, the trade was terrible. A 27 year old reliever with a 5.03 career FIP v.s. 3.46 ERA, it looked like the FO was getting a reliever based solely off his good ERA.

But they must have saw something in him that they thought was fixable. Either we introduced him to a cutter, fixed his slider/cutter, or just told him to throw it more, because big difference between what he threw in PIT and what he threw here

I certainly give credit to the FO for the trade, but I have no problem hating that trade 10/10 times when the trade is made with only the information we had.

Comment

• Also, Morris could flame out next season and the draft pick could turn into a superstar.

Comment

• If Morris never throws another pitch for us again his 2.0 bWAR as a Marlin makes him the 8th most valuable usage of the 39th pick in the last 35 years.

And if Connor Joe turns into a superstar, we have no idea if we would have taken him.

Comment

Working...
          X