No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is NOT a Rumor or anything just a Pittsburgh blogger on ESPN wrote a story on it

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...ch-for-stanton

Pittsburgh-Stanton
    Miami-Jameson Taillon,Gregory Polanco,Tony Sanchez,and low level pitcher

I could see us considering it IF they came up with a package led by Taillon,Polanco,Alen Henson plus more(2 or so more prospects)

Comment

I think they need to shop Cishek at the deadline. People love RP with closing experience. He's quickly going to start making more than his production will be worth. He should be a trade asset this year or next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
        I think they need to shop Cishek at the deadline. People love RP with closing experience. He's quickly going to start making more than his production will be worth. He should be a trade asset this year or next year.
        They have Webb and Qualls on the market and are saying that Dunn and Cishek are staying however most of the league think it's just to drive up the price and once they get an offer they can't pass on they will take it.

Comment

Cole or F off.

EDIT: They'd tell us to F off, but I'm not trading Stanton unless Cole's the headliner of the deal.

As for Cishek, I'd keep him. He's cheap for a few years, and he has more value closing for us than getting trading for meh specs.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
            Cole or F off.

EDIT: They'd tell us to F off, but I'm not trading Stanton unless Cole's the headliner of the deal.

As for Cishek, I'd keep him. He's cheap for a few years, and he has more value closing for us than getting trading for meh specs.
            Cole and Taillon are both great prospects. If the Pirates would tell the Marlins to "F off" because they ask for Cole, they'd be doing the same thing with Taillon probably.

As for Cishek, teams have given up plenty for lesser relievers in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              Cole and Taillon are both great prospects. If the Pirates would tell the Marlins to "F off" because they ask for Cole, they'd be doing the same thing with Taillon probably.
              From my understanding, that is most likely what the Pirates GM would do.

I think if, and that's a big if, the Marlins trade Stanton, it would be to Texas. They have the prospects to make a deal and the willingness to actually trade them.

Comment

With the exception of Profar, Texas has a lot of nothing that would intrigue me in a deal for Stanton.

Comment

With the exception of Profar, Texas has a lot of nothing that would intrigue me in a deal for Stanton.
                  Amazing how quickly prospects can burn out considering just how loaded texas was this time last year

In other words, fuck trading Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    Amazing how quickly prospects can burn out considering just how loaded texas was this time last year

I agree

Comment

The production you get from any relief pitcher is easily replaceable. If you can get a good spec and a project or low level spec, it's worth it. Relievers with saves get significantly more than those without them in arbitration. The marlins have no business paying a reliever that what a player would get in his 3rd year of arbitration and possibly the 2nd. I'm not saying we definitely need to trade him this year but they need to entertain offers because teams always get desperate at the deadline. We should get a steal to trade him this year if we do, the haul get significantly worse as years go on.

We should identify who we want as a closer after their first or second year and sign them to a long term deal like 7 years. It would be the only way that makes financial sense to bring stability to the closer role for this organization.

Comment

The thing is tho we still like alot of they prospects they got. Yes Olt/Buckel have sucked but they still have Profar,Joey Gallo(Destroying Low A),Martin Perez,Wilmer Font,Jorge Alfaro,Leury Garcia who are all still very nice prospects.

They have NOT talked with anyone about trading him however Texas,Seattle,Pittsburgh all have systems that would be able to get him
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                        The production you get from any relief pitcher is easily replaceable. If you can get a good spec and a project or low level spec, it's worth it. Relievers with saves get significantly more than those without them in arbitration. The marlins have no business paying a reliever that what a player would get in his 3rd year of arbitration and possibly the 2nd. I'm not saying we definitely need to trade him this year but they need to entertain offers because teams always get desperate at the deadline. We should get a steal to trade him this year if we do, the haul get significantly worse as years go on.

We should identify who we want as a closer after their first or second year and sign them to a long term deal like 7 years. It would be the only way that makes financial sense to bring stability to the closer role for this organization.
                        Exactly which is why we are telling teams that Dunn and Cishek are not on the table right now. Dunn can be replaced by Jennings/Olmos/Dayton next year at a big discount and Wittgren and Suggs should be ready soon as well. Boston has already talked to us about Cishek and if Detroit's closer thing is still a mess I could see a Bruce Rondon and more offer. Atlanta is dying to get Dunn back.
                        Last edited by tjfla; 06-22-2013, 12:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

tjfla talking about Texas courting Stanton and the Marlins liking their prospects leads me to believe that the Marlins probably actually hate the Rangers prospects and the boys in Arlington have little to no interest in Stanton.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                            I still say trade him if they don't intend to extend him for 6 years. His injury will keep his counting stats down this year so he won't get to "Howard" land in his eventual arb comp (not that money on the books is an issue right now), but its still the long term strategy of making sure he is around when the milb pitchers and Yelich and friends have a few years under their belts. They need to make a sign or trade decision with him. Doing nothing is the only dumb move which is of course what they are doing.

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?v...7-5180b18ca984
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Looks like holding onto Nolasco might have been a good move,no less than 8 teams(Balt,NYY,SF,Arizona,Colorado,SD,LAA,Texas) have called about him. Yes the same Nolasco who we couldn't give away during the Winter Meetings.

Cishek is the Top RP Target of Boston AND Detroit

Dunn is being looked at by Atlanta and LAA

Teams have cooled on Kevin Slowey however he could still get some play from a small market team who wants SP who is still under club control. The problem is we want alot for him even tho he has been moved out of the rotation

LoMo/Stanton have also got calls but we have been telling teams they are both staying

Comment

Working...
                                X