No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This feels like the mythical Dodgers offer for Cabrera that included every good player. We'll never know whether it's real, but 6 years from now it's going to be thrown in people's faces as to why they suck.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I think you would have to roll with Fernandez, Cole, Taillon, Heaney, and Turner even if Stanton is awesome and a cornerstone player. You could buy out all 5 of those SP for 6 years for the amount of money you are just paying Stanton on that hypothetical 8 year deal. Think about that. That blows my mind. Your rotation for 6 years moving forward is all of top 40 prospects in baseball last 2 years, and you have some pretty solid injury replacements in Nicolino, Koehler as your long man, and maybe Flynn/Urena/etc in high minors. The bullpen wouldn't miss a step either as they have reliever arms.

Conservatively, I agree with your offense theory above. They would need a star eventually. If we are judging what they should have, I think this is fair

Above average - Yelich
      Average - Moran, Morrison, Marte, Marisnick
      Roster filler - Hechavarria, Dietrich, Solano, Brantly/Realmuto

You also have a top 5 and top 35-40 pick in 2014 draft for two college bats, Eovaldi and Alvarez to trade for bats unless you make them relievers, and absolutely no payroll issues moving forward with entire rotation locked up for 6 seasons and a basically club controlled bullpen. They can buy a star bat, which is a better investment anyways.

I would run to do that alleged Pirates deal and buy out the entire rotation Matt Moore style.
      U would put Eovaldi in the bullpen

BP Arms- Eovaldi,Jennings,Olmos,Dayton,Conley,Wittgren,Sugg s,Ramos,Ames,DeScalfani,Caminero,McGough,Varner,Dy son

Actually have Top 5 pick and 2 Top 35-40 picks,the only issue right now tho is there is only 1 College Bat at the Top of the boards and that is Trea Turner. The rest of the Top 5-10 right now are pitchers and HS players. The next college bat doesn't come off the board till like 15 and that is IU Catcher Kyle Schwarber. However we could also take him pay him less than slot and draft someone who falls?
      Last edited by tjfla; 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• You're probably better off trading Eovaldi then just sticking him in the pen.

Comment

• Depends what the return on him would be.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I imagine it's greater than just a good reliever.

The Dayton Moore's see 99 mph, low ERA and get all in a tizzy for him.

Comment

• http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/eh...tml?sort=3&o=0

Go butt hurt Pirates fans! It's just a rumor, calm the hell down.
              Last edited by marlinsfan24; 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM. Reason: fixed

Comment

• You are going to need to upload that to a photosharing site.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• We made a trade with Pitt!

Doug Mathis for a PTBNL or Cash-99.99% I know what they will be taking

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    We made a trade with Pitt!

Doug Mathis for a PTBNL or Cash-99.99% I know what they will be taking
                    Who the hell is that?

Comment

• Jeff Mathis would've been worth exclamation points, not Doug.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                        Who the hell is that?
                        Pitcher in New Orleans. Had time with Philly
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                          Pitcher in New Orleans. Had time with Philly
                          Oh. Well so long, farewell

Comment

Working...