No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins at Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe that place isn't the same as it was when you visited it ages ago?

Comment

I don't like the Marlins, because doing so supports Loria and the FO.

I post here both because I like and have known the people here for over 5 years now and just out of force of habit to check the site.

I don't really know if I'd consider this a "marlin's site" more-so than a hang out spot for people who have known each other for years and years. I know that's not what the powers to be want to hear but it's been this way for a long time.

Also, the negativity is generally correct. So it's hard to fault it.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        I don't like the Marlins, because doing so supports Loria and the FO.

I post here both because I like and have known the people here for over 5 years now and just out of force of habit to check the site.

I don't really know if I'd consider this a "marlin's site" more-so than a hang out spot for people who have known each other for years and years. I know that's not what the powers to be want to hear but it's been this way for a long time.

Also, the negativity is generally correct. So it's hard to fault it.
        So this site exists for a few people who know each other to complain about a team they don't like? Makes sense...

And I'm not saying never be negative...just that not everything is so bad that everything needs to be negative. This season has been a fun one so far. If you go by this site, you would think it has been pretty much a disaster, which is obviously not the case.

Comment

It's not why it exists, but it is more or less what it is

Comment

We have some good posters here there is no doubt in my mind.

The biggest problem I see here is not negativity (FO and manager are mega-boobs so plenty of justified negativity). It's that there clearly is not enough traffic.

It's nice to jump in a game thread or post game and find a pulse.

This place has flat lined.

Comment

I mean, the team is two games under .500. They were in a playoff race for a minute -- because everyone else in the NL was awful -- and that was legitimately fun, but there's still a whole lot they do wrong. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of positive stuff being missed out on.
              poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I mean, the team is two games under .500. They were in a playoff race for a minute -- because everyone else in the NL was awful -- and that was legitimately fun, but there's still a whole lot they do wrong. I'm not sure there's a whole lot of positive stuff being missed out on.
                Again, I'm not against being negative...the team has certainly provided plenty of reasons for that over the years. It's just seems to me that some posters go out of their way to find things to be negative about.

I think it can stifle the conversation if the response to anything is automatically: "the owner and management sucks!". If that's what people want to spend their time posting about, that's their prerogative, but it just gets old. I think it's part of the lack of participation/new poster issue with this board. Just my opinion.

Comment

With managment making misstep after misstep on a daily basis, it's hard not to be negative towards them.

Comment

I think not being negative about our front office/ownership takes a special level of naivete that most of us here don't have.

The problem is that some people don't seem to be able to separate the fact that we can criticize the front office while still rooting for the team. It's silly. I hate Loria. I think our front office is bogged down by dumb ideas and looks at the game in an antiquated way. I still want them to win every damn game. I won't be upset if they make the playoffs or win a title. It's not the same thing. The fact we run Donovan Solano out there every night, or Hech, or we're probably going to sign McGehee to a stupid extension isn't the players fault. No one here wants them to fail (except Mainge), but the reality is they're not very good.

I will agree that when it gets put into EVERY discussion, it sucks ass. But, at the same time, I don't see how you can follow this team on a daily basis and not be critical of some of the shit they do.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                      With managment making misstep after misstep on a daily basis, it's hard not to be negative towards them.
                      Daily basis? Come on. Don't you think that's a little over-the-top?

The team has done a good job this year...Jennings and Hill have put a competitive team on the field every night despite a huge blow with Jose's injury...Hell, even Loria and Samson have managed to not do or say anything stupid. You may not like the people in charge, but give credit where it is due.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      I think not being negative about our front office/ownership takes a special level of naivete that most of us here don't have.

The problem is that some people don't seem to be able to separate the fact that we can criticize the front office while still rooting for the team. It's silly. I hate Loria. I think our front office is bogged down by dumb ideas and looks at the game in an antiquated way. I still want them to win every damn game. I won't be upset if they make the playoffs or win a title. It's not the same thing. The fact we run Donovan Solano out there every night, or Hech, or we're probably going to sign McGehee to a stupid extension isn't the players fault. No one here wants them to fail (except Mainge), but the reality is they're not very good.

I will agree that when it gets put into EVERY discussion, it sucks ass. But, at the same time, I don't see how you can follow this team on a daily basis and not be critical of some of the shit they do.
                      Fine, but you can say the same thing about every team in every sport that you follow on a daily basis. Have you read a Heat message board over the last 4 years? They went to 4 straight finals and there are still people convinced that Spo is a terrible coach.
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 09-09-2014, 08:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

They've done a fair job of accumulating parts that can make up a decent team. They've done a poor job of getting the most out of those parts (Jones playing vs lefties, Salty playing vs lefties, Dietrich being in the minors, dumping Turner for nothing, starting Brad Penny instead of kids, etc.)

Some of that may be on Redmond, but I (and I think a lot of us?) feel that our manager has less say in things than most do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          They've done a fair job of accumulating parts that can make up a decent team. They've done a poor job of getting the most out of those parts (Jones playing vs lefties, Salty playing vs lefties, Dietrich being in the minors, dumping Turner for nothing, starting Brad Penny instead of kids, etc.)

Some of that may be on Redmond, but I (and I think a lot of us?) feel that our manager has less say in things than most do.
                          Each of those points are valid criticisms...although I would point out that Jones has a grand total of 65 ABs against lefties, Turner sucks, and the team is 3-1 in games Penny has started.

Sure they may do things differently then you (or I) would do, but that doesn't make every decision bad.

Comment

Well, by that criterion, we were 6-6 when Jacob Turner started.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              and the team is 3-1 in games Penny has started.
                              You're better than that, c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                You're better than that, c'mon.
                                Just pointing out a fact. For as much as people here complain about him, they have won games he's started. Of course I want someone better starting (although I am a fan of Penny and the story). Ideally, that would be Heaney's spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X