• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMarlin
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      I love when people imply that since they don't like something, obviously the team dint do any field testing or did it inappropriately. Todd did it a while back and we all killed him for it and now Omar is doing it. It's really silly.
      When did I do that? I never said anything of the sort.

All I ever said is it is silly to think that the team was doing market testing 6 years ago in preparation of a new color scheme going into a new stadium when they were no where close to getting approved for a stadium at that time.
      Last edited by Todd; 09-21-2011, 10:09 PM.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
        I like the marlin that looks like a marlin. Not I Robot marlinlogo

See, this is where we differ.

Personally, I never liked the Florida Marlins hat. I didn't despise it but I definitely wasn't like, "damn, this is a bad ass hat with a bad ass logo".

This new logo thinks outside the box. That is essentially what I like about it.

Comment

• Do you also not agree that "F" is a nicer letter than "M"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
            Do you also not agree that "F" is a nicer letter than "M"?

That's a good question.

I'd have to A/B the F with the M

The immediate drawback to the M that I can come up with is I think MARINERS right away (and then I immediately think about MattWilson but that's another story).

So you definitely like the F over the M, Beef?

Comment

• Yeah. The M is too wide, like the fat girl Miri.

F is a better looking letter. I also like a D and a B more than an M. They are similar in size and shape to the F.

I do however like the M on the UM baseball hats.

Comment

• The guy on the right dislikes "Everything" about the logo.

That's about the most ringing endorsement I can think of in the logo's favor.
                poop

Comment

• What is your source?

Comment

• Former Marlins second baseman Dan Uggla didn’t have anything complimentary to say about the logo, however.

“I feel bad for those guys if they have to wear that next year,” Uggla said. “I think it should be officially deleted.”

When asked what he thought was wrong with it, Uggla said “everything.”

“I love what they’re wearing now,” Uggla said. “I understand they have to make a change because they’re moving to the new ballpark and are going to be called the Miami Marlins now and all that. But I really hope they’re coming up with something other than that.”
                    It's official: you're either with us, or you're with Uggla.
                    poop

Comment

• Logo gon be his face in the ghostbusters logo thing. I forget what that thing is called. No fumar thing.

Comment

• Those mock uniforms loom very Miami Vice to me. I don't hate them persay but they definitely look more retro which is strange because I thought the reason we were getting rid of the teal was because it was too old.

Comment

• Nobody said teal was "old." Loria's comment was about how Teal is dated to a very specific place and time.

I don't know how uniforms can look "Miami Vice" unless they're wearing white sports coats with t-shirts underneath...
                          poop

Comment

• RE: mibs

I think you're being too literal there.

I believe they intended "old" to mean that it looks outdated. Just like how certain films/TV shows don't age as well as others.

Aspects of the "Miami Vice" style are now just iconic Miami. Iconic literally means that it's also "old" but it's also the right type of old.

Comment

• Dear Dan Uggla

Affliction shirts were ghey 4 years ago

Regards

NaDafste

Comment

• What I take out of all this is that Dan Uggla is still a douche.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X