No announcement yet.

MLB Suspends AROD, Cruz, and Others Involved with Biogenesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One problem with not letting him play during appeal if he's appealing the length/severity of suspension is that it may take more than 50 games to be heard

Granted, they've only got 52 games left this year.

Comment

He should have to sit for the next 50 games in that case because he is at minimum going to get that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        One problem with not letting him play during appeal if he's appealing the length/severity of suspension is that it may take more than 50 games to be heard

Granted, they've only got 52 games left this year.
        That would only apply if he was taking the position that he should only be suspended for 50 games. Again, I don't think that would be a very persuasive argument.

Comment

I know.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
            Would he be appealing based on a claim that he's innocent or is he only appealing the severity of the punishment?

If it's the latter, I don't think he should be allowed to play pending his appeal. (I am not saying that baseball should do it that way if the CBA says otherwise. I'm saying that's how it ought to be if these rules made any sense)

If it's the former, I can't imagine him having any chance of success.
            He may be arguing that he hasn't actually tested positive and that the suspension is unfair on those grounds. From what TJ Quinn (OTL investigative reporter) has said, that doesn't seem like a strong argument, but I'm sure that'll be part of it.

He probably will also argue that the suspension is arbitrary since the scale for PEDs is 50-100-LIFE.

EDIT: On BBTN, they just said that the MLBPA is representing AROD in the appeal on the grounds that the penalty is too harsh and unprecedented.
            Last edited by Omar; 08-05-2013, 09:32 PM. Reason: Added BBTN news
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

ARod wants 100.

Valdespin got 50. Hahaha. What a douche.

Comment

The Yankees need ARod in their lineup these days

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                  Jhonny Peralta suspended for 50 games, effective immediately. Appellate process has been waived.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24kZHcUOos[/ame]

Comment

I still think Cuban would be a fun baseball owner. It'd probably be like the Dodgers are now with Magic and Co.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Jayson Stark @jaysonst

Asked a longtime baseball exec if he thought Mark Cuban would get a call from Bud Selig today. He said: "No. But I'm sure David Stern will."

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                          I still think Cuban would be a fun baseball owner. It'd probably be like the Dodgers are now with Magic and Co.
                          Not unless they have a big time TV contract like LA.

Comment

I am not a fan of Bud Selig. Never have been.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                            X