Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Marlins Are the Worst Team in Baseball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By that same logic, other teams shitty pitchers are made to look better than they are and that's hurting our offense.

Move them in because homeruns are fucking sweet. We're going to suck no matter what. Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      By that same logic, other teams shitty pitchers are made to look better than they are and that's hurting our offense.

Move them in because homeruns are fucking sweet. We're going to suck no matter what. Fuck it.
      This team isn't going to hit many HR's regardless of the dimensions though. The team has no power. And our pitching staff probably benefits more than other pitching staffs because we have a pitching staff (SP's that is), that pitches to contact more often than not. I guess the solution would be to get better pitchers, but that usually requires spending money too, which probably won't happen.

Comment

we suck and are always going to suck under this ownership group. let's bring in the fences and mash some fucking dingers, at least.

Comment

I want to see Stanton hit 100 home runs in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            I want to see Stanton hit 100 home runs in a season.
            MLB: The Show. Rookie mode.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

“We are only one or two pieces away to go with these really talented kids,” manager Dan Jennings insisted.

Team president David Samson put it this way: “The core of our team we still believe in. The core is here.”

"We need a lot of changes," Stanton said.
              http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...whiteside.html

Comment

I don't disagree with the statement that the core is here. The core isn't the problem.

I don't even disagree with the statement that they're two pieces away.

The problem is they think those two pieces are two mid-back rotation starters when in reality it's a big bat and an ace-type starter.

They're really more like 3 pieces away: #1/2 starter, #3 starter, big bat. What those would cost added to our current payroll projection for next year would probably still keep our payroll in bottom 5 and definitely in bottom 10. But they won't do it.

The article does make good points about where to upgrade. Unless they're able to somehow snag a 1B or 3B in a trade, I don't really know what they can do, other than move Yelich to CF and trade Ozuna for a 1B/3B and then sign a few SP.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I agree with MK. It's not the number of pieces, it's what they view as pieces.

This team is not a 3/4 starter and a 6 hole hitter away. It's a middle of the lineup bat or two or two top pitchers. The Marlins won't spend to develop that (lolKolek) nor will they spend to add it.

This offseason has all the pieces to make it possible, though. Throw all the money in the world at Price and Cueto and see what happens. Lineups too fucked and has too many mismatched pieces for a team on a budget to drastically rebuild it. Team doesn't have enough pitching to be pitching a defense, but it has plenty of defense. Easier to go get two rotation pieces than to try to turn the lineup competent.

(And by what I mean by lineup being fucked is you have guys with minimal power and average or + gloves at positions where defense doesn't really matter like 1st, left and to an extent third...team should slug the fuck out of those positions instead of glove the fuck out of those positions...also, Yelich is probably a franchise cornerstone, but you can't build a contender on the cheap with a LF that has no power when you're getting no power from any of the other typical power positions).

Comment

I think the only hope we have is the '17 All Star Game. I think even Loria would be willing to spend so his team doesn't look like a complete joke building up to it.

As for the lineup - who is there to go out and get? (That's a genuine question). Is there really much out there they could get?

Comment

Even when the money has been spent (2012) it did not work out for this front office.

Comment

We also need a bench. Two SP (one at worst a 2, the other at worst a 3) and a competent bench and I think we are very strong contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                          Even when the money has been spent (2012) it did not work out for this front office.
                          To be fair, they pulled the plug on that prematurely. Hanley rebounded, Buehrle was fine. It was just JJ blowing up that was the big problem. Reyes was exactly what he was expected to be, whether he was worth $100 million is a different debate.

That team would have won, especially with what the Marlins had in the pipeline at the time (Yelich and Jose and Ozuna, and less glaring needs thereby making some of those players trade chips to finish of the puzzle), but because this organization operates like a kid with ADD there's just no chance it can get anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                            To be fair, they pulled the plug on that prematurely. Hanley rebounded, Buehrle was fine. It was just JJ blowing up that was the big problem. Reyes was exactly what he was expected to be, whether he was worth $100 million is a different debate.

That team would have won, especially with what the Marlins had in the pipeline at the time (Yelich and Jose and Ozuna, and less glaring needs thereby making some of those players trade chips to finish of the puzzle), but because this organization operates like a kid with ADD there's just no chance it can get anywhere.
                            If you think they pulled the plug on that team because they weren't winning, I don't know what team you've been watching for all those years.

They pulled the plug on that team because they had a $100 million payroll and it wasn't translating to attendance in the new stadium.

Opening Day in a brand new stadium wasn't a sell out. They said it was of course but anyone who was there knows it wasn't.

They were routinely half empty during the first few months. Excitement wasn't there, so they didn't want to spend.

If they had the same team under contract for $50 million, they don't blow it up.

If the team was "winning" but didn't make the playoffs, are got booted from the playoffs early, and the attendance was still subpar, they still blow it up.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              If you think they pulled the plug on that team because they weren't winning, I don't know what team you've been watching for all those years.

They pulled the plug on that team because they had a $100 million payroll and it wasn't translating to attendance in the new stadium.

Opening Day in a brand new stadium wasn't a sell out. They said it was of course but anyone who was there knows it wasn't.

They were routinely half empty during the first few months. Excitement wasn't there, so they didn't want to spend.

If they had the same team under contract for $50 million, they don't blow it up.

If the team was "winning" but didn't make the playoffs, are got booted from the playoffs early, and the attendance was still subpar, they still blow it up.
                              It's a chicken - egg thing. Fans won't come because they (rightfully) don't trust these guys. Team pulls the plug because they (fraudulently) claim they're losing money.

They had a team with a payroll they could support without losing the amount of money they claim to be losing. Fans are not going to go all in on this team overnight. That 2012 team, if kept together, and with pieces added either directly or indirectly by the players in the system that became difference makers, would have at least been in contention into September if not made the playoffs by now.

Look at this team, and remember there's not a true "core" player that came from the moves with Toronto (which is LOL worthy because the Mets deal one way too old to be a cornerstone knuckleballer and get Syndergaard and D'arnaud). Team wasn't going to win a world series, but the bar is lower than that. They haven't made the playoffs in 12 years. Start there.

Comment

All of this just makes me sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X