Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    From their talk of potentially moving him to the bullpen and keeping him on an extended rehab stint, it seems they've soured on him? I'm not a huge fan of his, but rather quick to give up on a guy you just traded two top hitting prospects for.

- - - - - - - - - -

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...back-pain.html

2003 World Series memories FTW!!!!!!!!!!
    There've been talks about moving Cosart to the bullpen?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      There've been talks about moving Cosart to the bullpen?
      http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...-jarred-cosart

Comment

Hey we could have had Marisnick and Kuechel instead of Ozuna and Cosart

Joe Frisaro here(JOKING) But they are talking to teams about SP deals-Haren,Latos.Koehler,Hand have all been discussed but nothing is close on any of them. Colorado is interested in Koehler(assume they like him since he has pitched great there) no clue what we would ask but gotta think either Koehler or Phelps is gone next year so they might be looking to get something for him. Haren is pretty easy to explain

By way just a Prado nugget-the reason why he was put on the DL now is to make sure his shoulder is ok by the deadline just in case. They are not looking to deal him unless they get a great deal and if they got that offer,they want to make sure he is OK.

Mike Dunn and Cishek yep that Cishek have gotten calls but the Cishek calls are pretty much like the Frieri/Grilli trade last year. Just teams calling to see if we would be interested in dealing Cishek for a change of scenery guy(Joe Kelly)

- - - - - - - - - -

More likely Mazzaro to DFA Urena to pen and Cosart in rotation. Then if Cosart screws up Urena to rotation

Comment

Cishek for Joe Kelly would be cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, not sure what the Ozuna/Cosart, Marisnick/Keuchel thing was about, but whatever.

Comment

Not sure how to the post the video from this tweet, but here's the link: https://twitter.com/bour41/status/612451953159880704
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Cishek for a bag of baseballs would be cool.

I'd go to Koehler's home starts if the rockies trade for him. It'd be cool for me.

Comment

I can see you there with a sign that says "TRADE HIM WHILE HE HAS VALUE"
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  Cishek for a bag of baseballs would be cool.

I'd go to Koehler's home starts if the rockies trade for him. It'd be cool for me.
                  While Cishek for anyone would be cool at this point, I say that about Kelly because I think he'd be a good pitcher out of the bullpen. He's been pretty solid as a reliever, but he's still getting opportunities as a starter because he's rather young and has good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    I can see you there with a sign that says "TRADE HIM WHILE HE HAS VALUE"

****3/4

Comment

• I get that Cishek has been bad this year, but I'm surprised I'm the only one that actually wants to keep him on the team. He has years of steady success and, while super short, hasn't allowed a run since being called back up. Would it really be surprising if he was just in a rut and needed time to clear his head to get better? Talking about trading him for a starter with a 5+ ERA just makes me realize why a lot of you people could never work for a major league front office. You'd literally want to make trades and moves every few weeks.

Given that our pen is crap I'd feel like shit if we trade Cishek just before he actually starts getting it all back together. The players that need to be looked at being traded are Haren/Prado/Koehler/Latos/Hand. I see Phelps as a guy who should be in the rotation next year if he finishes with a sub 4 ERA. I actually like the lineup outside of question marks at 1st base, 3rd base, and catcher (and I like JT). Big problem this year with the lineup has been the regression of Yelich and Ozuna not playing like last season, added with Salty early on, JT being a below average hitter, Morse sucking, and Prado being so so offensively. Long term I actually still like the lineup (although I'm liking the idea of Dietrich at 3rd. I thought he wouldn't have a spot with Dee now, but if he can play adequate third base I want him getting a shot if the season is a lost cause).

As for the long term issues with the team, I still think the #3-5 in the rotation are the biggest worries (as well as 1/2, but that is more health than ability). This team desperately needs a Nicolino/Urena/Flores to surpass expectations and emerge as a future #3, because as currently constructed we don't have one once Haren's gone. We have options at starting pitching with Cosart/Koehler/Phelps/Nicolino/Urena/Flores/Hand/etc..., but none of these guys are consistent 6+ IP, 2 ER kind of pitchers. If we actually want to be an above .500 team next season, we need to find that guy.

Comment

• The fact you just looked at Joe Kelly's ERA this season makes me realize why you'll never work for a major league front office.

We should have traded Cishek a long time ago. If we can get a 27 year old starter with a career 3.83 era in 345.2 innings in the role, fuck yes.

Comment

• [MENTION=293]dim[/MENTION] Most of us want cishek traded because he is likely to be nontendered in the offseason and we don't think the bullpen I'd a weak spot on the team and has a lot of organizational depth.
                          [MENTION=121]HUGG[/MENTION] that's what our front office does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            Cishek for Joe Kelly would be cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, not sure what the Ozuna/Cosart, Marisnick/Keuchel thing was about, but whatever.
                            The Ozuna/Cosart and Marisnick/Keuchel thing is about last year at the deadline Miami asked on Cosart and Keuchel. Houston responded with Marisnick for Cosart OR Ozuna for Keuchel. In other words we could have keep Marisnick to play CF and got Keuchel. But we decided to keep Ozuna and get Cosart

- - - - - - - - - -

The talks arent really serious on anyone YET. The thing is they have to do something when Cosart/Alvarez and Jose come back so they are doing it now instead of July 21. Either Phelps or Koehler will be gone next year so the FO is seeing the value. Colorado who always needs pitching have talked on Koehler(guess when pitch great there they like him even more)

As for Haren, some west coast team will want him the question is will they pay for him?

Joe Kelly is just 1 guy I heard mentioned but alot of teams still like Cishek and would do a change of scenery deal. We wont get prospects like we would have this past offseason but could get someone who is struggling

Comment

• Phelps weeeeeeee

Comment

• Phelps and Koehler can go to the pen. Cosart can take Phelp's spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X