This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    Can only imagine what we could get for the $15m Dan Haren/Garrett Jones fuck you platter.
    PTBNL(25 yr old in A Ball) Think to are happier with the cash gone

Comment

• I know. I don't know why anyone would even take them to begin with.

Comment

• Well because they could use a SP and a lefty bat for pretty much nothing

Nevermind on LAA they just traded for Matt Joyce

Not saying Jones is worth anything but would u rather have Jones and Jepsen(RP) or Joyce?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Well because they could use a SP and a lefty bat for pretty much nothing

Nevermind on LAA they just traded for Matt Joyce

Not saying Jones is worth anything but would u rather have Jones and Jepsen(RP) or Joyce?
          So would I rather have a guy who's put up somewhere between -0.9 WAR to 0 WAR the past two seasons and a reliever with a career ERA+ of 100

Or a plus offensive OF who's average defensively and has basically been a solid 2 WAR player for several years? Oh, I also get to save 2.5 million this way.

Shit, that's a hard decision

Comment

• Jepsen is only good in even numbered years.

08 107 ERA+
            09 89 ERA+
            10 101 ERA+
            11 51 ERA+
            12 127 ERA+
            13 84 ERA+
            14 139 ERA+

Comment

• Reminds me of how Jorge Julio was only good with his second team during a year

2006 Mets: 5.06 ERA
              2006 ARI: 3.83 ERA

2007 Marlins: 12.54 ERA
              2007 Rockies: 3.93 ERA

2008 Indians: 5.60 ERA
              2008 Braves: 0.73 ERA

Comment

• How dare you mention that name
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Teams are trying to get into the big SD-TB Trade with Zobrist as the target. This includes us however it seems Washington has the inside track if they include Steven Souza
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-17-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Teams are trying to get into the big SD-TB Trade with Zobrist as the target. This includes us however it seems Washington has the inside track if they include Steven Souza
                    Zobrist as our 3B would be nice. But not happening.

Comment

• Morse, Gordon and Latos to be introduced Friday at Marlins Park.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Free-agent RHP Jake Peavy drawing interest from #Marlins, #Braves, #SFGiants. Option for Miami only if Haren retires or is traded.
                        Twitter

The more pitching the better

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          Twitter

The more pitching the better
                          Agreed. I guess they're trying to get rid of Eovaldi. I wonder what we could get for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                            Agreed. I guess they're trying to get rid of Eovaldi. I wonder what we could get for him?
                            I posted this in the 4 year plan thread, but applicable with peavy rumor. They are really set up with pitching right now if they get Peavy on a 2 year deal:

Alvarez
                            Latos
                            Eovaldi (Fernandez)
                            Cosart
                            Peavy
                            Cishek, Dunn, Ramos, Morris, Koehler, Crow, Hand

-Eovaldi, Cishek, Dunn, Crow, and Hand all able to be traded deadline/offseason to "fix" the infield and clear massive salary. Those first four make close to $15 million in 2015.

Fernandez
                            Alvarez
                            Cosart
                            Peavy
                            Nicolino (you know it's coming like it or not)
                            Ramos, Morris, Koehler, Capps, and then figure out Urena, Dayton, Conley, etc.

And Peavy is the only turnover for 2017 after that, which is great considering that gives Williams, German, and Kolek 2 full seasons in the minors for 1 more to emerge.
                            --------------------
                            I really like the idea of trading Eovaldi, Cishek, and Dunn (who has real value based on the insane RP contracts happening) to fix the infield. I imagine they would get a really good piece for Cishek, and a pretty good one for Eovaldi/Dunn.

The trickle down is really, can they replace those guys with a veteran SP like Peavy, Fernandez coming back strong, Capps/other RHP in farm, and Dayton/Conley/other LHP in farm at 2015 deadline or this offseason. I don't think this is a big ask here.
                            --------------------
                            Also, anyway I think about this, I'm glad it seems Koehler is being pen-relegated. I don't mind him as a 5th SP, but he could be a really good reliever/swing man and would be great depth wise. Wondering if he is OK with that, but we'll see
                            Last edited by lou; 12-17-2014, 06:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Considering that Tampa Bay is gutting their team, I wonder if it's possible to add a guy like Longoria or Zobrist and have him play third. Farm being weak and obvious contract restrictions don't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                                Considering that Tampa Bay is gutting their team, I wonder if it's possible to add a guy like Longoria or Zobrist and have him play third. Farm being weak and obvious contract restrictions don't help.
                                If we still had Marisnick, Longoria would have been a guy I'd be okay with the Marlins sending Ozuna out for.

Comment

Working...
                                X