Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Organization to Get Thorough Post-season Review from "angry" Jeffrey Loria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please God no LoMo batting 2nd Opening Day 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Was Eduardo Perez hired based on nepotism? Has the team regressed significantly offensively since he took over his position?
      I liked when you said that and then I responded with Hanley's similarly shitty LA stats and then you didn't say anything because you originally said a dumb, baseless thing.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by dim View Post
      I'd like to see Michael Bourn starting in CF and Eric Chavez at 3B.

(don't want Ruggiano starting, and the options in free agency aren't looking good).
      The bolded bits don't really make sense, to me.

Over the last five years, Ruggiano has as many good major-league seasons as Chavez does.
      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-06-2012, 10:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      poop

Comment

I don't see what one has to do with the other, personally.

Comment

Eric Chavez kind of sucks. Saying you "like" him but not Ruggiano doesn't really make any sense.
          poop

Comment

I'm sorry. The third base options are just so AWESOME this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Eric Chavez kind of sucks. Saying you "like" him but not Ruggiano doesn't really make any sense.
              Well, the available 3B kinda suck so that's probably why he wouldn't mind it.

Comment

Eric Chavez can't play everyday anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Well, the available 3B kinda suck so that's probably why he wouldn't mind it.
                  The available left fielders are even worse, aren't they?
                  poop

Comment

Juan Pierre, Andruw Jones and Ryan Ludwick are the "best" options.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Big reason I wrote a big ol' "who knows" when trying to predict our LFer next season.

Next season is bound to have more question marks on opening day than any Marlins team since the '08 squad.

Comment

I've gotta figure that we acquire either a 3B or LF through trade for next year because the other options suck big time.

It's gonna be a Ryan Jackson/Josh Booty opening day
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'd like to see

Reyes SS
                          BJ/Bourn/Melky CF (not ranked in order of preference, just one of them)
                          Stanton RF
                          Morrison 1B
                          Ruggiano platoon with A. Jones/Hairston/J. Gomes LF
                          Peralta 3B
                          Bonifacio 2B
                          Buck C

B - Dobbs, A.Jones/Hairston/Gomes, Veteran Backup C, Veteran 2B/3B (allows Bonifacio to move around if needed), and Solano/Gorkys/Cousins (whoever Ozzie wants)

I think that team could get above average position player production out of the front 4, and league average production back 4. That's probably a close to middle of the pack offense and above average defensively. Everyone profiles positively except surprisingly Reyes who is a little below neutral at SS last few years.
                          --------------------
                          I can see a really big offer to Bourn for the whole speed/defense thing with BJ a fallback. I think even if Loria is weary of them handing out a big 4-5 year deal, he will understand that signing.

Alternatively, I'd offer Minnesota all sorts of young pitching for Span which I think is a better idea. I don't see how Hand and Conley doesn't get it done, and that is saving half the money versus a free agency option, and Span is probably better than any of them over next 3+ seasons. They could use the money not spent on Bourn/BJ to fortify bullpen/1 year stopgap starters above for 2013, and devote to another SP to replace JJ/Nolasco in 2014-2015. Marlins would still have on paper Buerhle, Fernandez, and Turner, with hopeful adds of Eovaldi, C. James, or Heaney becoming legit backend starters. Plus plenty of money coming off books with JJ, Nolasco, Buck, and Bell next 2 years to offset Reyes/Buerhle/Stanton/Morrison raises, and leave some for random FA signings.

This year is a disaster, but they really aren't in bad shape. Assuming $90-100 mil payrolls moving forward.
                          Last edited by lou; 08-07-2012, 07:39 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Really hope they avoid Upton. If they can't get Span then I'd probably prefer Bourn as the top choice and then Melky for CF. Bourn's defense would be the top reason for me along with providing decent offensive production and he is a strong base runner to go along with it.

Comment

Thing with Bourn is he is 30, BJ, Melky, or Span I believe all 28. Kind of a big deal for that 4th or 5th year if that is needed. Also, BJ is sucking bad right now so he might be pricing himself way far off those other two.

I think Span is choice 1 and dish Hand/Conley. That would be tremendous. Four picks top 2 rounds in 2013, grab 3 college arms to replace them.

Comment

Olney talked a little about the Marlins plans going forward. It's in the insider thread, if you want to read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X