Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's probably not a good way to look at it.

Comment

• i could maybe even go as high as 40m but that the limit right there

Comment

• Once you sign one bad contract, that means you should sign more bad contracts because of the precedent you set with the first bad contracts. Come on MH, this is front office 101.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by lilchris11 View Post
        i could maybe even go as high as 40m but that the limit right there
        I'll forward that to Anibal's agent.
        --------------------
        He's going to get at least 4 years and at least $13 mil a season this fall, I can pretty much guarantee it.
        Last edited by HUGG; 08-25-2012, 06:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• its not a bad contract when ur signing someone who has done good for multiple years, they could have worked an extension last off season and get him cheaper. im just giving u guys my opinion. but hes gone and i like the pitchers they have right now im still on board to trade johnson maybe to boston now who knows. we cant fill all the teams holes through free agency u have to make deals at some point in the offsesaon

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
            And RBIs are only meaningless if you can prove that he has more runners on base on average per plate appearance than he did in MIA. Which, granted, is more likely to be the case than not.
            No.

Comment

• For Hanley Ramirez, the standings do the talking.

The Miami Marlins anointed Ramirez as the face of their franchise in 2008, signing him to a six-year contract extension and telling fans he would carry the team into its new ballpark. On Thursday, seven weeks after the team traded Ramirez, Marlins President David Samson explained why.

"We just realized we couldn't win with him," Samson told mlb.com. "It was that simple."

Ramirez, enjoying a pennant race at Dodger Stadium, shot back quickly Thursday afternoon.

"Now are they winning without me?" Ramirez said.

Since the Marlins traded Ramirez to L.A., they have fallen into last place in the National League East. Their winning percentage has fallen — .464 before the trade, .383 after — and they will finish with their third consecutive losing season.

"I don't think it's one guy," Ramirez said. "If it was me, you know, OK. I had a lot of good memories there. They gave me the opportunity to play in the big leagues."

The Dodgers, like the Marlins, have not fared as well since the trade — winning percentages of .541 before and .467 after — but Ramirez has hit better. In 93 games with Miami, he hit .246 with 14 home runs and a .749 OPS. In his first 45 games with the Dodgers, entering play Thursday, he hit .260 with 10 homers and an .811 OPS.

His explanation for the better play in L.A.?

"Less stinking," he said.
              http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...,2658087.story
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Dodgers

Before Hanley: 53-45
                Since Hanley: 19-25

Comment

• Clubhouse cancer.
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Hanley's response is a good one though

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      Dodgers