No announcement yet.

JT Realmuto Called Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> Redmond said he hopes to get catcher J.T. Realmuto some work this week. Redmond said Realmuto could get a start Thursday when the Marlins finish up a quick two-game set in Tampa with an afternoon game.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#storylink=cpy
    I still don't think they send Realmuto back down to Triple-A unless Brantley is gone. No reason to split time between the two.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Why would they release Skipworth?
      poop

Comment

He's awful.

EDIT: Brantly still has a little promise, Barnes belongs in AA, and Realmuto should be in AAA too. And Skipworth can't hit at any level ever.

Yeah he's 24, but we just rid of James for being awful. Skipworth is taking up space that could be used for other developing players with an outside chance of even maybe being mildly good at the majors.

I'd be fine once Realmuto goes back to AAA that Skipworth goes down to AA to backup Barnes though. But the big thing is I don't want Skipworth being the reason we stunt the growth of guys like Realmuto/Barnes/Wallach/etc...
        Last edited by dim; 06-02-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one that has an issue with Realmuto splitting time with Brantley in Triple-A?

Comment

Realmuto should have been playing this entire callup. This was just a ridiculous waste.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Salty isn't progressing so he'll likely be transferred to the 15-day disabled list.

Comment

Working...
              X