No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well of course you'd consider shopping V and V. If you can get a live body in return for either one, you do it in a heartbeat (and you'd win the deal)

Comment

But we'd lose Mibs on here.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

But whatever team receives Volly would get a new biggest fan
        --------------------
        There is balance in the universe
        Last edited by Metes; 07-10-2011, 02:13 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

True, but SFM would be losing its only female member (right?). That would be bad for our demographics.

Comment

If you'd start handing out more David Bell baseballs, we'd be swimming in trim

Comment

Ok, the only damn reason I did David Bell was because he's who I have access too. Sorry it wasn't fucking Ryan Howard or Chase Utley.

I don't get why you guys hate him. Yea, he wasn't the best player in the game, but he was decent. At least he made it and had a decade-long big league career.

Comment

Ehe

Comment

Whatever. You guys hate players for no reason.

Comment

Are you calling me a player hater?

Comment

I'm not really Volstad's biggest fan, but I also think it'd be silly to trade him, as well.

Obviously it's always good to listen to offers, but considering this organization's pitching depth, it could become tough to replace him.

I think he's young, and I think he's finally starting to show signs of improvement again. Even against the Phillies, he was throwing strikes...just allowed a bunch of singles in that one inning.

I think he's turned it around since that start in TB. His sinker is finally looking like a sinker (in his last start, it seemed like he was hitting 93-94 plenty of times), and he's getting groundballs at a much better pace again.

He'll probably never be anything special, but he's 24 and I think he can become a high 3's-low 4 ERA guy. If you look at the upcoming FA starting pitchers...all things considered, is there anyone who's really a much better fit than him, at this point?
                      --------------------
                      Also, even if Volstad fails as a starter, his splits indicate that he'd be a good young reliever if such a transition were to be made.
                      --------------------
                      Also, statistical evidence supports my observations. His velocity has been better as the season has progressed. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/ind...-last-30-days/
                      Last edited by Erick; 07-10-2011, 03:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's stupid to trade Volstad even considering what he is and assuming no improvement. As it stands right now he's a 5 starter who shows flashes of mid-rotation quality. But his value is zero right now. Why trade a club-controlled 5 starter who's young for essentially nothing?
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

NY Post is saying Yankees want Choate
                          --------------------
                          I could see the team sending them Choate and Infante, and taking back Eduardo Nunez and some single A pitcher who throws 95 with no control. I don't think something like that is necessary a bad idea either. Team could use another young middle infielder with some ok potential and you're not getting much for those two. Austin Romine would be a win too. I can't see a bigger prospect being discussed.
                          Last edited by lou; 07-10-2011, 11:13 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                            NY Post is saying Yankees want Choate
                            --------------------
                            I could see the team sending them Choate and Infante, and taking back Eduardo Nunez and some single A pitcher who throws 95 with no control. I don't think something like that is necessary a bad idea either. Team could use another young middle infielder with some ok potential and you're not getting much for those two. Austin Romine would be a win too. I can't see a bigger prospect being discussed.
                            I'd be a big fan of a move like that.

Comment

If we keep winning and get back to .500 by the deadline, I doubt we do anything. While it's true that we're likely too far back to make a run this year, I doubt we're going to do anything that dramatically changes the team going into the new ballpark next year.

Comment

Yeah I would be a fan of Eduardo Nunez too, but I can't see the Yankees trading him for Choate and Infante. The Yanks like Nunez a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X