No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rumors of a possible Vance Worrly-Leo Nunez trade is interesting. Granted, I think Philadelphia's orginization is too smart to do this, as well as I'd think Florida end up taking Wilson Valdez. Still, trading an average-slightly above average closer for a starter who's blossoming into a superstar is something I'd do if I had the chance.

And if by chance the Marlins end up over .500 by July 29, please do yourself a favor and get Aramis Ramirez. I don't care if he'll make $16 million next year. The man's hitting .302 (higher than any Marlin) with 17 HR (only Stanton has more) and 58 RBIs (which would lead the team). Not to mention he's a career .284 hitter with over 300 dingers and 1,000 RBIs.

Either way, unless Leo's trade is a lopsided Philliy's way or Aramis's is lopsided Chicago's way, I'd do it.
    Miami Marlins. Channeling our inner 90s Devil Rays.

Comment

• RBI! Dingers!

Comment

• Only if the trades aren't lopsided!!

Comment

• Originally posted by McKeon View Post
          The rumors of a possible Vance Worrly-Leo Nunez trade is interesting. Granted, I think Philadelphia's orginization is too smart to do this, as well as I'd think Florida end up taking Wilson Valdez. Still, trading an average-slightly above average closer for a starter who's blossoming into a superstar is something I'd do if I had the chance.

And if by chance the Marlins end up over .500 by July 29, please do yourself a favor and get Aramis Ramirez. I don't care if he'll make $16 million next year. The man's hitting .302 (higher than any Marlin) with 17 HR (only Stanton has more) and 58 RBIs (which would lead the team). Not to mention he's a career .284 hitter with over 300 dingers and 1,000 RBIs.

Either way, unless Leo's trade is a lopsided Philliy's way or Aramis's is lopsided Chicago's way, I'd do it.
          Yikes. Also, don't use AVG and RBI as a stat Jack. You won't make it out alive otherwise.
          --------------------
          Also, the Marlins aren't getting Worley for Nunez. That's beyond a pipedream.
          Last edited by Ramp; 07-21-2011, 11:20 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• not if those other stats are RBI

Comment

• Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
              The Marlins getting lots of hits on bullpen pieces (Nunez, Choate, others), but impending move to new ballpark have them in holding pattern.
              news

Comment

• What does the new stadium have to do with these replaceable bullpen pieces?

Comment

• Absolutely nothing

Comment

• Having a dumb fanbase that will instantly go to the "Oh there they go selling off pieces again."

Comment

• Not sure that works when dealing with the bullpen that really doesn't have a big name. Unless Leo Nunez is a big name.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Having a dumb fanbase that will instantly go to the "Oh there they go selling off pieces again."
                        Plenty of people attending the Opening Day game next year won't even know who Randy Choate is.

Not that I want to see Choate traded for the sake of making a trade, but he's having a great year. If some of contender is interested and willing to give us a cool prospect in return, you do it.

The same certainly applies for Nunez.

If anything, moving pieces like these make your team better quickly, assuming you get the right pieces in return.

Winning more games will bring the dumb fanbase out to the ballpark, consistently.

Comment

• Pittsburgh is really hot on Randy Choate(as well as like 4 other LOOGY) I wonder if they could win the Central with an all ex Marlins pen?

Texas,Philly,St Louis,LAA,NYY all have asked about Nunez

Brian Sanches is the other name teams are asking about however Marlins seem to want to keep him

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Pittsburgh is really hot on Randy Choate(as well as like 4 other LOOGY) I wonder if they could win the Central with an all ex Marlins pen?

Texas,Philly,St Louis,LAA,NYY all have asked about Nunez

Brian Sanches is the other name teams are asking about however Marlins seem to want to keep him
                            Must be for his ability to occasionally provide a spot start or something. He's certainly nothing special and that BB/9 trending upward this year is certainly concerning.
                            --------------------
                            I thought the other guy would be Mujica.
                            Last edited by Erick; 07-23-2011, 02:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              Having a dumb fanbase that will instantly go to the "Oh there they go selling off pieces again."
                              I for 1 never have an issue trading BP guys for prospects.

Next year we will have Jose Ceda,Alex Sanabia,Evan Reed,Chris Hatcher,Jhan Marinez,Brad Hand,Sean West and Omar Poveda all on the 40 man roster waiting to come up. They gotta pitch somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                Plenty of people attending the Opening Day game next year won't even know who Randy Choate is.

Not that I want to see Choate traded for the sake of making a trade, but he's having a great year. If some of contender is interested and willing to give us a cool prospect in return, you do it.

The same certainly applies for Nunez.

If anything, moving pieces like these make your team better quickly, assuming you get the right pieces in return.

Winning more games will bring the dumb fanbase out to the ballpark, consistently.
                                And I agree with that but I was just saying that this fanbase has been fickle with this team ever since they sold off everyone after '97. And that always resurfaces when they trade off players for prospects no matter if it's the right move to make or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X