• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 94 team went 23-13 in 1 run games
    --------------------
    May 05, 1994 vs PHI: Marlins win 5-0 - Chris Hammond 9ip 0er
    May 10, 1994 vs PIT: Marlins win 1-0 - Chris Hammond 8ip 0er
    May 15, 1994 at CHC: Marlins win 3-0 - Chris Hammond 5ip 0er

And then his next start he threw 2 scoreless and then got taken out in the 3rd (blister maybe?).
    --------------------
    June 6, 1994 vs LAD: scored 6 runs with 2 outs in the 7th to tie game at 9, won 11-10 on Jesus Tavarez PH walk-off single for 5th straight win, the first 5 game winning streak in franchise history http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...99406060.shtml
    Last edited by HUGG; 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Those aren't really memorable though. If you have to dig for something, it isn't memorable.

If games like those are included then ..........................j....................... ............... is completely right in adding sheffield's first game
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• All true.

3 of those 2011 games no one will remember in 2 years

Comment

• I think the game where Luis Castillo's hit streak ended in 2002 should be on the list. I still remember vividly the Luis not getting a hit all game, and the Marlins basically batting around to get Luis a shot to hit. Then Tim Raines Jr (I think Jr.) comes up to bat and hits a game winning sac fly with Castillo sitting there on deck. We were all waiting for Luis to get that last chance, and he ended up one at bat short.

Hell, All Star Baseball 2002 has this moment in its "2002 Baseball Moments" near the top of the list to complete (recreate history, bat around to give Luis one last shot).

Also...

2010: The Week of Walk Offs, Starring Donnie Murphy.
          Last edited by dim; 08-07-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Tim Raines (the original)

Comment

• I actually agree with dim, I do remember game 36 more vividly than game 35
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                2010: The Week of Walk Offs, Starring Donnie Murphy.
                Donnie Bleeping Murphy! This is more memorable than a bunch of things that have been listed.

Comment

• Definitely have to include Game 36
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

• Mega bump.

Added 2012-2015. Would like to add more games from the period if I missed any.

So many great games against the Phillies in 2003-2005.

Comment

• Man, trying to think of more games is just reinforcing how depressing these last couple of years have been.

Comment

• Henderson Alvarez's end of the season walk-off no-hitter might be the only one. 2012 opening day, maybe, for all the wrong reasons?

Comment

• I was thinking about this thread this morning and dug it up. Definitely been a good start to my day reading through the list - and I wanted to add a new memory. Maybe we could add a few while we continue to suffer through a boring offseason?

Dee Gordon emotional leadoff homer in the first game after the Jose tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPRvMNjIag

Comment

• Might be a good opportunity to clean-up that list and remove some moments that are probably already gotten. The last 10 years (and nostalgia) have made me reassess what a special time 2003-2009 were to be a Marlins fan. Although the 2005 team was frustrating to watch it was a pennant race until late.

Comment

• Came here to find Cowbell night. That is all I needed.

Comment

• The Dontrelle Willis piss rod grand slam in New York was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X