Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dim View Post
    Mostly in game entertainment. New group means new ideas of what it means plus new budgets and such. Can't go too into it since I can't say I'm 100% in the know all the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm just curious what might be coming is all.

Comment

Last edited by dim; 02-06-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
        Long term expect more dancing stuff similar to what u see at heat games.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        So basically what we had before with the Mermaids and Energy Team?

Comment

Last edited by dim; 02-06-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely nothing on JT recently. Really hope another team gets involved. This slow offseason really sucks.

Comment

• Raudy Read, one of the catchers discussed in the JT deal was suspended for 80 games. So that's that for his potential to be in a deal.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...03217090031618

Jeter, continuing to inspire confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  https://twitter.com/timbhealey/statu...03217090031618

Jeter, continuing to inspire confidence.
                  Becks has no place to play, no roster, NO NAME, no team color and they won’t play a match until 2020.

YUP, MUCH SMALLER HOLE.

Comment

• Really hard to defend such a bad statement to the press, that is Samsonesque at it's finest. He should know better by now.

The Marlins were a mess for a variety of reasons, but he's got to reel that in

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      Really hard to defend such a bad statement to the press, that is Samsonesque at it's finest. He should know better by now.

I don't think that was to the press, but the point remains.

I mean in a lot of ways, being an expansion team would likely be an easier path, but that is a dumb thing to say...even if he was saying it in jest.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        I don't think that was to the press, but the point remains.

I mean in a lot of ways, being an expansion team would likely be an easier path, but that is a dumb thing to say...even if he was saying it in jest.
                        Not to split hairs, but I doubt that.

Depending on what top 100 you like, they have 2-8 top 100 prospects, another 8 guys who are considered "B" level prospects (Sickels), and a bunch of interesting C+ dudes (like Yamamoto and Richards). They have a top 5 catcher in baseball, and 4-7 good role players left to trade. Money is pretty clear besides Chen and maybe some Stanton money if he doesn't opt out.

Not attacking you by any stretch or saying this is great, but I'm just saying they do have some positive talking points. Why don't they just spin this as a positive and highlight the improvements?

I just don't get it.

Comment

• Yeah why not just say, "We believe in our plan and that is to get this organization to a Championship level." I'm tired of the excuses, been dealing with excuses for the last 16 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            Yeah why not just say, "We believe in our plan and that is to get this organization to a Championship level." I'm tired of the excuses, been dealing with excuses for the last 16 years.
                            ya, that was a pretty rough thing to say publicly. does anyone know the context of the quotes? I know they asked him who would win first between him and beckham, but where was this asked and was it some sort of public event or just an individual conversation that just happened to be leaked to the media?

Comment

Really hard to defend such a bad statement to the press, that is Samsonesque at it's finest. He should know better by now.

This is amazing since he was captain vanilla with the NY press. Wouldn't give them anything even remotely controversial to run with and print.

Comment

Not to split hairs, but I doubt that.

Depending on what top 100 you like, they have 2-8 top 100 prospects, another 8 guys who are considered "B" level prospects (Sickels), and a bunch of interesting C+ dudes (like Yamamoto and Richards). They have a top 5 catcher in baseball, and 4-7 good role players left to trade. Money is pretty clear besides Chen and maybe some Stanton money if he doesn't opt out.

Not attacking you by any stretch or saying this is great, but I'm just saying they do have some positive talking points. Why don't they just spin this as a positive and highlight the improvements?

I just don't get it.
                                I agree with you...I took it more as where they started from...not where they currently are at.

Plus, an expansion team wouldn't have the baggage the Marlins do in the market. I wasn't necessarily referring to the farm system.

Comment

Working...
                                X