Clear All

I'd be into trading Stanton.

Comment

Hood,Telis,Ogando,Ellington all up

Lazo DFA

Comment

I hope Ozuna is alright.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

we know you do
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I made it to the game last night fellas, and it was a rough one.

Comment

So Christian Yelich's contract is an absolute steal..... On pace at this point for 22 hr's, 100 RBI exactly, .886 OPS with a .500 SLG and a .310 average. He's been phenomenal. One of the best pure hitters in baseball. Who is his direct comparison in baseball because off the top of my head I really can't think of one, granted i'm putting in 0 thought into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                I hope Ozuna is alright.
                Congrats on going full retard, Todd.

Comment

Marlins win. Feels weird.

Yelich wOBA .374 before a monster game tonight

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    So Christian Yelich's contract is an absolute steal..... On pace at this point for 22 hr's, 100 RBI exactly, .886 OPS with a .500 SLG and a .310 average. He's been phenomenal. One of the best pure hitters in baseball. Who is his direct comparison in baseball because off the top of my head I really can't think of one, granted i'm putting in 0 thought into it.
                    Yelich strikes out more, but I think Michael Brantley is a decent comp. Yelich seems like a pretty unique player. His statistical profile is tough to compare to another player.

Comment

After looking at stats, Urena has actually had a fairly decent 2nd half. I always thought he would have a good shot of being a back end of a major league rotation as he was coming up through the system, but he was abysmal to start his career and couldnt throw a strike up here for some reason. He always had control going up the system, so hopefully this can propel him to a solid year as a 5th starter next year.

Comment

yeah we definitely need more 5th starters
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          yeah we definitely need more 5th starters
                          this team needs any competent starter they could get.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            Yelich strikes out more, but I think Michael Brantley is a decent comp. Yelich seems like a pretty unique player. His statistical profile is tough to compare to another player.
                            The closest comp recently to his hitting style (tons of ground balls, but hit hard) is Derek Jeter.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                              The closest comp recently to his hitting style (tons of ground balls, but hit hard) is Derek Jeter.
                              I think he's a better pure hitter than Jeter. But maybe the last few years of Jeter's career are kind of ruining my memory of him. On a side note I heard this unreal but also very obscure stat on the lebatard show about yelich a few months ago. At that point he had only had one infield pop fly his entire career. Very obscure but a crazy stat. If he makes contact he generally makes very solid contact. Shows just how good of a pure hitter he is.

After looking at the stats Jeter is a pretty good comp for him. I think Yelich is going to have more power in his prime though. He is deceptively big, 6'4 and hes only gonna get stronger.

- - - - - - - - - -

BTW color me shocked that the Andrew Cashner trade has gone terribly. Who could have possibly seen that coming after he spent the year and a half before coming here being exactly what he's been here.
                              Last edited by fish16; 09-02-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Cashner got hosed hard in the 1st inning of tonight's game fwiw. An unbelievably bad call.

Oh well. We're not winning the Wild Card anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X