No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not have guessed they were 53-0 going into the 9th with the lead before today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
      Well yeah, I agree that anything can happen in a 7 game series, but you can't realistically expect a team with as many flaws as this one to do a whole lot.
      I thought they were a low to mid 80's team coming into the season and they've done nothing to change that for me. They're several pieces away from being a top tier team. I think everyone here is about where I am - optimistic (maybe they can squeak out a few more wins for upper 80's and then WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN) but realistic (they're not going to make the playoffs with how many holes there are).

I think they're benifiting a lot by the fact that teams go into full rebuild mode now. The NL started the season really with only 8 serious contender teams, and then ARI went to shit. Being the 5th best out of 7 isn't anywhere near as hard as the 5th best out of 16.

Comment

• Kershaw on the 60 day DL helps out a little. The Marlins will have to crush the Braves and Phillies the rest of the way to have a shot.

Comment

• Cespedes just went on the 15-day DL.

Comment

• Hope he is OK.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Kershaw went on the 60 day dl now!?! That kind of changes things. The door is wide open for us to take the wild card. Unfortunately lorias frugality is going to cost us yet again

Comment

• What can we reasonably acquire via waivers trade?

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                  What can we reasonably acquire via waivers trade?
                  Reasonably being in the operative word. Probably nothing because if it was reasonable, they would've been dealt before the deadline. They're probably going to have to take on a contract but if they actually did do that, I'd love to see an Ervin Santana or James Shields. Shields already has half of his deal being eaten by San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                    What can we reasonably acquire via waivers trade?
                    The issue with us is usually guys who would get to us OR get threw waivers have big contracts. People seem to think that the contract just goes away or something. If Santana gets to us and we claim him he still costs 40 million

Comment

• Hey, the Reds are beating the Cardinals 5-0 right now!

Comment

• 7-0!

- - - - - - - - - -

As long as there's not an incredibly epic collapse in that game, the Marlins will be tied for a playoff spot on Aug 5. Season starts tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Kershaw went on the 60 day dl now!?! That kind of changes things. The door is wide open for us to take the wild card. Unfortunately lorias frugality is going to cost us yet again
                          Hope he is OK.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• If we were to put Jose on the market this offseason what could we realistically get for him? I'd go straight to the Red Sox and ask for Moncada + one of Betts and/Bogaerts and then another pitching prospect. We could get so much for him i might not have a problem if we put him out there. As incredible as he is, you look at baseball reference and his similar players through his age and a lot of them had arm problems and he's already had tommy john. If he shows indications he's not gonna re-sign i'd be ok with it. Then with an outfield surplus we'd have a lot of options to trade one for a starting pitcher.

C-Realmuto
                            1b-Bour
                            2b-Gordon
                            SS-Bogaerts
                            3b-Moncada
                            LF-Yelich
                            Cf-Betts
                            RF-Stanton

Then trade Ozuna because he is the only one not locked up long term for a top starter and you have a top 5 lineup for years.

Just spitballing ideas obviously I want to keep Jose.

Comment

• Don't trade him next year. This team is fstill built to compete next year. 2018 is when they're not (well, they're not built cost wise as shown by Marlins history in 2018)

Trade him after 2017. You're going to get less of a reward because of less years of control, because the Marlins kind of have to trade him, because the Marlins will be trading 30 guys off their 25 man roster, which also means he'll likely be packaged with other players in a bulk sale...but, the Marlins are showing they're a fringe team. And it doesn't get any better than fringe down here. So ride it while you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                If we were to put Jose on the market this offseason what could we realistically get for him? I'd go straight to the Red Sox and ask for Moncada + one of Betts and/Bogaerts and then another pitching prospect. We could get so much for him i might not have a problem if we put him out there. As incredible as he is, you look at baseball reference and his similar players through his age and a lot of them had arm problems and he's already had tommy john. If he shows indications he's not gonna re-sign i'd be ok with it. Then with an outfield surplus we'd have a lot of options to trade one for a starting pitcher.

C-Realmuto
                                1b-Bour
                                2b-Gordon
                                SS-Bogaerts
                                3b-Moncada
                                LF-Yelich
                                Cf-Betts
                                RF-Stanton

Then trade Ozuna because he is the only one not locked up long term for a top starter and you have a top 5 lineup for years.

Just spitballing ideas obviously I want to keep Jose.
                                U dont trade anyone this offseason. Like NNY said after 2017 season it will be fire sale city

Boston will be the first call by Jeff on Jose tho. Moncada(3B),upper level prospects(OF/arms) for Jose and whoever else they want. Then after that is done and u see what u get u call teams on Ozuna/Stanton(LAD for Urias and more OR SD whose prospects should be great)/JT unless he signs a Yelich type deal.

Yelich survives unless team offers something crazy like multiple proven ML ready players

Comment

Working...
                                X