No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should have traded Stanton to the Pirates for Ramirez.

Comment

• If they are only sending 3 million a year to the Yankees for Stanton there is no way they are sending 5 million to the Cards. They will take lesser prospects to be rid of Ziegler's salary with Alcantara being the "Big prospect" coming back with not much else.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
        If they are only sending 3 million a year to the Yankees for Stanton there is no way they are sending 5 million to the Cards. They will take lesser prospects to be rid of Ziegler's salary with Alcantara being the "Big prospect" coming back with not much else.
        your information-less negativity is awful. and they are sending no money to the yankees as long as stanton opts out in a few years.

Comment

• Man its nice seeing all the guys on the board whenever there is a big trade giving opinions or stating how crappy the team is however the rest of the year nowhere to be found

Hopefully everyone sticks around the next few days because gonna be alot more crying. Castro,Ozuna,Straily,Tazawa,Ziegler,Bearclaw,Bour and maybe Yelich/JT too
          Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
            That contract is going to be surpassed by Trout and Harper and whoever else when they become free agents. Inflation in baseball is happening and it's obvious that deal isn't going to look so bad for another 4 or 5 years.

This is a bad deal and everybody here should feel bad.
            Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
            Probably not as much as you think. I see them trying to package in Ziegler and taking less prospect wise also still probably have to include cash.

- - - - - - - - - -

So far they aren't rebuilding they are just dumping salary.
            This

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            they will keep chen regardless. Tazawa i think will stay and they will let him and volquez expire. Ziegler will likely get added on to ozuna. The only contracts after next year would be Prado if they cant find anyone to take him and the chen who will just be here for the next 3 years regardless. The chen deal is the one that is crippling us the most.

- - - - - - - - - -

I feel like this is inaccurate. anyone know what we're down to now after Dee and Stanton are gone with no money being eaten?
            I think the projected number was $140M if the team were kept intact as is. Stanton+Gordon for this year were earning 25+10.5, so 35.5, and another 2m for declining Ichiro, which would put us at $102.5M presumably

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
              That contract is going to be surpassed by Trout and Harper and whoever else when they become free agents. Inflation in baseball is happening and it's obvious that deal isn't going to look so bad for another 4 or 5 years.

This is a bad deal and everybody here should feel bad.
              Teams that sign Harper won’t be giving up players in return so it’s not comparable. The only thing to compare the Stanton trade to is the ARod trade. These type of trades almost never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                if that was the deal for Stanton from the cards, the deal for Ozuna must be enormous then, right? If they were giving that up for stanton what else would they add in order to take ozuna?
                Joe Frisaro‏Verified account @JoeFrisaro · 2h2 hours ago

I wouldn't be surprised if [MENTION=217]marlins[/MENTION] turn attention to #STLCards regarding Marcell Ozuna. In recent talks w/ STL for Stanton, pitching prospects Sandy Alcantara, Dakota Hudson and Jack Flaherty were discussed. Any combo of those 3 possible for Ozuna makes sense.

That was the centerpiece for Stanton and likely for Ozuna as well. Before anyone says Ozuna is cheap and won't be dealt-he is 10 mil+ and will be a FA who wants 250+. U can get more for him this offseason then next offseason
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-09-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  your information-less negativity is awful. and they are sending no money to the yankees as long as stanton opts out in a few years.
                  why are you assuming he will opt out on 8/233 heading into his age 31 season?

Comment

• I am sorry but I don't see any reason to see these money dumps as a positive. I am seeing a negative in this I don't want to see this team be a 30-40 win team for the next decade. I know changes need to be made but they don't all need to be money based decisions. However until they trade the rest of the team and get a decent return by not adding in bad contracts instead of getting more or better prospects back I don't see a reason to think Jeter is doing a half way decent job. I was averaging out the Yankees return 10 year contract and them getting 30 million from the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                      i assume that only if he stays healthy. IF he stays healthy he will be able to get more than that, especially after Machado and Harper get their deals and he plays in yankee stadium for a few years.

Comment

I am sorry but I don't see any reason to see these money dumps as a positive. I am see a negative in this I don't want to see this team be a 30-40 win team for the next decade. I know changes need to be made but they don't all need to be money based decisions. However until they trade the rest of the team and get a decent return by not adding in bad contracts instead of getting more or better prospects back I don't see a reason to think Jeter is doing a half way decent job. I was averaging out the Yankees return 10 year contract and them getting 30 million from the team.
                        Not positive but they have a plan for 2020. What is the point of winning 75 games for the next 2 years while paying 140 million? Pay 60 million and win 60-65 games get guys who will be ready and in 2020 increase payroll

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                          Depends what he does the next 3 years.

Comment

• How do we know that? Because Jeter said that? Originally they said they wanted to get the payroll to around 90 million now its going to be 60-70. Until I see them do something that will be a positive and might improve this team other then the payroll being lower I don't put any faith in them. IF they keep dumping I don't think the team will come close to winning 60 games the players they are getting back aren't ready for the majors and they don't have anyone in them minors ready to move up either. They will have to hit on almost every player they get back in trades to be relevant again and that is highly unlikely to happen.

Comment

How do we know that? Because Jeter said that? Originally they said they wanted to get the payroll to around 90 million now its going to be 60-70. Until I see them do something that will be a positive and might improve this team other then the payroll being lower I don't put any faith in them. IF they keep dumping I don't think the team will come close to winning 60 games the players they are getting back aren't ready for the majors and they don't have anyone in them minors ready to move up either. They will have to hit on almost every player they get back in trades to be relevant again and that is highly unlikely to happen.
                              Should come on more. Someone posted they want it 75 mil I heard prefer it closer to 60 mil

Comment

• It is just so disheartening to see this happen again. I always hoped that when the team was finally rid of Loria someone might come in and run this team the right way. Drafting based on talent not contract demands and drafting players and knowing their demands beforehand. Using the International market to sign players and not thinking doing so was just a waste of money. Them making trades based on the best interest of the team not how can we save the most money. So far this new group has done nothing to make me think that they will be any different. The rumors are out there they want the payroll to be as low as it can. Talk of including bad contracts with other players in order to reduce the payroll more rather then worrying about getting the best talent back into one of the worst minor league systems in baseball. I hated seeing them "throw in" the International money in trades because that is exactly what the past ownership did. Why couldn't they have gotten some back in the Stanton trade since the Yankees missed out on Shohei? Whats next are they going to throw in the new comp pick in one of the upcoming trades?

Comment

Working...
                                X