No announcement yet.

Round 1 | Josh Naylor | 1B | St. Joan of Arc HS Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he ends up weighing 290 and hits 40hr.

The dream.

Comment

Jim Callis on the pick:
      Callis: His No. 59 ranking on the Pipeline board might make him seem like a reach, but he had as much late helium as anyone before the Draft. He put on a show with Team Canada in a tour of the Dominican Republic, facing professional pitchers. He hit five home runs in 12 games, similar to the run that Brett Lawrie went on that made him a first-round pick in 2008.

Comment

Keith Law:

Josh Naylor, Miami (12th overall): Naylor can hit and has power, with comparisons to Prince Fielder ... in body as well as in bat. He's listed at 225 pounds and may be heavier, with a body type that seems likely to get heavier; he's a first baseman who might end up a DH. It's first-round power for sure, and scouting director Stan Meek has always preferred players with size, but between the possible lack of a position and the work Naylor will have to do to stay in shape, there's a lot of risk here.

Comment

Analysis from a guy that's banned from this site.

Comment

Why is Law banned from the site?

Comment

I wasn't around then. I think someone posted something about him and he signed up and replied and got banned. Someone else will have to help out here

Comment

You nailed it

we thought it was a troll pretending to be Keith Law

turns out it wasn't
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  “It’s my 20th year coaching and he’s the best power hitter I’ve ever seen in Canada ... period,” Bleiwas said after a recent game at Millcroft Park in Burlington. “There really is no comparison during that time.”
                  Oh wow, the best power hitter in Canada. What an incredible accomplishment. Truly inspirational.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

The Marlins are close to signing prep power hitter Josh Naylor, from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, the No. 12 overall pick ... Marlins execs Jeff McAvoy and Brett West deserve kudos for finding big first baseman Justin Bour in the minor-league Rule 5 draft, where it's rare to find such a gem ... Steve Cishek looks like an early non-tender candidate after the season.
                    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...-more-mlb-news

Comment

We got De Aza in the MILB Rule 5 too, didn't we?

It is frustrating because there is some things this FO does very well (like finding hidden gems that can be regular starters) but they so many things equally as bad.

Comment

SIGNED-2.25

Comment

#14 GCL prospect per BA: http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...-20-prospects/
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                            Good for him but BA Rankings are crap. Stone Garrett who at 19 looked great and was probably the MVP will be like #18 because his name isn't out there.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Good for him but BA Rankings are crap. Stone Garrett who at 19 looked great and was probably the MVP will be like #18 because his name isn't out there.
                              i think it is more about the fact that Garrett wasn't highly thought of coming in and 250 plate appearances shouldn't really change all that much
                              poop

Comment

I feel like those 250 AB's are a better tool for judgement than how people felt watching him play against high schoolers.

Comment

Working...
                                X