Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dodgers deal makes too much sense to me for both sides. I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.

If it doesn't happen, it doesn't matter because I'm already an idiot anyway.

Comment

• Information posted by an idiot posted on a board full of idiots about an organization run by idiots. Sounds about right.

Comment

• A bunch of idiots won the World Series in 2004.
        I'm feeling good about our chances.

Comment

• I think a lot of the regular posters rarely watch games and keep up to date with what is going on because they are conditioned to visit this site and they enjoy discussing something with the other posters. I haven't watched a game since June. I'm just a stat nerd.

Comment

• i haven't watched a game since october

Comment

• I just watched a game yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                I think a lot of the regular posters rarely watch games and keep up to date with what is going on because they are conditioned to visit this site and they enjoy discussing something with the other posters. I haven't watched a game since June. I'm just a stat nerd.
                Basically me to a T

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  The issue was he is 28 and will be looking to cash in soon. Loria isn't gonna give a 29 yr old OF a 5 yr contract. With him it was about $$$. If he was on say year 2 of a 5 yr deal for like 8 million a year then maybe but they are looking for younger

They are looking for 22/23 yr old OF-google the name Joc Pederson
                  @JonHeymanCBS: Marlins 1st asked for both pollock and Corbin from dbacks in big package for Jose, later Corbin w/ 4 others. Didn't get close
                  poop

Comment

• Hill was on MLB Network Radio. Some highlights:"One little thing gets out and it's wildfire and GMs chase it down"

"We're trying to get better. There's a good core of young players ready to get better."

"We love our position players. We need to improve our pitching...that's been the goal."

On Jose offers: "I've had to pull my socks up a few times but they haven't been knocked off."

On rumors of Jose not being happy: "Season was frustrating for all of us." Non-answer.

On Dan Jennings: "another part of that challenging season. Everyone felt it was the best thing for everyone."

Asked about ideal pitching wish list: "depth is the top of that list. You never have enough pitching."

Asked about price levels of FA pitchers vs trades: "You look at both."Asked "do you have payroll flexibility?" Hill answered "I'm not going to tell you we missed out on price...that next tier of pitching...if the term and dollars make sense"

Asked about Ozuna, Hill said trading from majors is "robbing Peter to pay Paul" but if you fill a major hole and can fix the new hole you look at it

Hill said Barry Bonds's passion for talking hitting is "as advertised"

Hill said "you have to be a skeptic" about if Bonds was going to want to be a coach but realized passion was real
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      @JonHeymanCBS: Marlins 1st asked for both pollock and Corbin from dbacks in big package for Jose, later Corbin w/ 4 others. Didn't get close
                      Correct to flip him somewhere. Then they went for 6 players- Corbin,Blair OR Shipley,Swanson,Drury, and (instead of Pollock) Inciarte + a MLB IF(No clue who)

- - - - - - - - - -

Story from NY Post today

The Yankees have shown an interest in Astros right-hander Vincent Velasquez, who fits into general manager Brian Cashman’s plan to add a starting pitcher with less than three years of big league time.

Though the talks haven’t advanced to getting a deal done, a person with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday at the Winter Meetings the Yankees could be planning to acquire Velasquez and deal him to the Marlins for outfielder Marcell Ozuna.

Actually hearing could be 3 way with Marisnick and other arms back to us

Comment

• Through in Cosart. See if it gets us Moran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

Again, it may be true that the Marlins don't want AJ Pollock, but that'd be spectacularly dumb.

He's what they think Christian Yelich is. He was a legitimate borderline-MVP caliber player last season.
                          People seem to forget age and price. He might be Yelich but are u gonna give him a 7 yr 50 mil dollar deal at 29? Is Pollock gonna take 50 mil for 5 years?

They want guys who are 23/24 who are under control or at least already signed to a team friendly deal.

Comment

• Orioles offered Chris Davis 7y/$150m. Which one of you clowns thought we should sign him?

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                              Through in Cosart. See if it gets us Moran.
                              Moran sucks didn't u see us dancing when we traded him. Can't hit HR's and only decent at 3b

More than likely would be Velasquez,Marisnick,Bryan Mitchell,maybe a prospect or 2 to us. Houston wants Andrew Miller and NYY still like Capps to.

Houston-Miller
                              NYY-Ozuna
                              Mia-Velasquez,Bryan Mitchell,Marisnick

Other pieces could be included

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                              Orioles offered Chris Davis 7y/$150m. Which one of you clowns thought we should sign him?
                              Yep Jeff would ok that deal. This is what I am talking about with Pollock. U think Loria is gonna give him anything close to that?

Comment

• I mean, "Jeff" would be right not to give Chris Davis that contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X