Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dim View Post
    I don't believe anyone actually values fister over jansen. It's more investment/return in relation to the teams current standing. Jansen cost $80 million and adds maybe 2 or 3 wins to a mid 70 win team. Fister may not help much, but the Marlins are far more desperate at starting pitcher than closer that the improvement from say Locke to Fister for $8 million makes far more sense than the addition of jansen to an already above average bullpen for $80

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Locke is better than Fister

Comment

• 12/15/16-The Day Mike Dunn finally left!!!

Dunn to Colorado- 3/19 Possible 4/25
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-15-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        Locke is better than Fister
        While that could be true, Fister is getting far more in the market than Locke did. It seems MLB teams think differently.

I've also mentioned before how Fister had a 3.60 ERA on the season before September. Guy was pitching like a really good #3 until he collapsed. Locke lost his starting job this year. They're both flawed but Fister comes across as far more likely to succeed.
        Last edited by dim; 12-15-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• And, again, as I mentioned before, Fister wasn't good before September and was just getting lucky.

September was everything catching up to him at once

Comment

• Made our big bullpen move.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...57105686482944

Comment

• It's cool that with all the interesting bullpen options we went for the guy with the 4+ ERA the last 2 seasons

Comment

• Who is also the third beat free agent reliever who played for the Red Sox last season.

Comment

• Higher ERA than I'd like over the past 2 years, but he does have 110 strikeouts with 27 walks in 108 1/3 innings over that time. A move out of the AL East could help.

They are supposedly still in on another arm like Ziegler.

Comment

• All joking aside as long as they still get Ziegler I'm all for tozawa. Seems like a decent buy low candidate and not a long term commitment. Low risk high reward style deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                      All joking aside as long as they still get Ziegler I'm all for tozawa. Seems like a decent buy low candidate and not a long term commitment. Low risk high reward style deal.

Tazawa (and potentially Ziegler) fits what Mattingly was saying during the winter meetings that they want guys out of the pen that offer a different look than the power arms they already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Tazawa (and potentially Ziegler) fits what Mattingly was saying during the winter meetings that they want guys out of the pen that offer a different look than the power arms they already have.
                        Yep exactly why they liked him and Uehara. 5 mil this year and 7 mil next

One note is Since 2013, Tazawa has made 256 appearances, fourth-most among American League relievers after Bryan Shaw (299), Cody Allen (290) and Kelvin Herrera (273).

They don't plan on him pitching every night-more of a matchup type guy who can help in the 8th

Still in on Ziegler(Favorite $ Wise too) and if he passes Feliz is next up. They still want to add another RP arm,SP if the prices come down and a power bat
                        Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2016, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Mike Dunn xFIP last year: 4.39

Tazawa: 3.79

I like it.

Comment

• The sticking point on Ziegler is years. He wants 3 years and teams have been offering 2. We have the high $ total on him(like we did others)

For the Hammel/Fister camp it looks like our SP target is Joe Blanton. More as Phelps type(SP,Long Guy,Closer) last year than SP tho
                            Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Ziegler is close-us,NY and a mystery team. Our offer as of yesterday was 2 yr plus team option. Ziegler wants 3 years

Besides Ziegler being effective-the FO and Mattingly love the idea of having teams see 97-100 and then Ziegler at 84. That plus like Tazawa he is a groundball pitcher

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Looks like Ziegler is close-us,NY and a mystery team. Our offer as of yesterday was 2 yr plus team option. Ziegler wants 3 years

Besides Ziegler being effective-the FO and Mattingly love the idea of having teams see 97-100 and then Ziegler at 84. That plus like Tazawa he is a groundball pitcher
                                Tazawa's not a groundball pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X