X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/600051526342672386

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      1. Depending on who the No. 3 starter is, I'd do that in a second.

2. It's not nuts to say this probably isn't a playoff team. I said it before the season, so did others.
      Agree with Bobbob here. If that No. 3 starter is here for at least 2016 too it's worth it.

- - - - - - - - - -

That says nothing.

Comment

• It's Joe Torre

Comment

• Butler would be a nice choice, and they seem to love what he's done with Gordon
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            ???
            If this team fails to compete during the years Stanton is cheap, there's no way they'll do so when he's expensive. They should have gone all-out for the next three seasons, to see if the core was good enough and the fanbase would support a winner.

Kolek being maybe good in 5 years doesn't do anything for the organization. They need sure things, not five year in the future lottery tickets.

They also need a No. 3 starter pretty desperately.
            poop

Comment

• I'm actually ok with Brett Butler. Clear grasp of battling adversity, can't manage worse than Redmond, and is likely well liked by the current team.

I'm all very "whatever" about the whole thing. The next 10 games will speak volumes. Getting sodomized by the Braves at home is nothing new.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              If this team fails to compete during the years Stanton is cheap, there's no way they'll do so when he's expensive. They should have gone all-out for the next three seasons, to see if the core was good enough and the fanbase would support a winner.

Kolek being maybe good in 5 years doesn't do anything for the organization. They need sure things, not five year in the future lottery tickets.

Agreed.

This whole fucking "we're playing for next year or the year after that or the year after that" stuff is flawed logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Agreed.

This whole fucking "we're playing for next year or the year after that or the year after that" stuff is flawed logic.
                It's flawed logic when it happens every year but they clearly messed up not signing a front line starter. The Nationals had a better rotation and still signed an ace whereas the Marlins signed a number 5 and a dice roll knowing there ace was out half the year. Not to mention they basically made it fairly impossible to make a significant upgrade midseason in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

Sorry, this is my fault.
                  I thought we were joking that Loria is crazy enough to make Koler the #3 starter this year, but I misunderstood. I agree with you on this. I wouldn't mind either.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    It's Joe Torre
                    Is it really?

Comment

• Dawson.

- - - - - - - - - -

clarkspencer ‏@clarkspencer 7m7 minutes ago
                      Third base coach Brett Butler is thought to be favored to become #Marlins interim manager.
                      Interim.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Manny Navarro is saying that the team is looking at Ron Roenicke and Bo Porter as two options.

Comment

• Some of these names I'm hearing just make me sad. Dusty Baker, Bo Porter. It's just sad to me.

Comment

• Roenicke is god awful. He's as bad as the other mentioned. I'm for Brett Butler.

Comment

• Why would they hold a press conference for an interim manager?

Comment

• I was at work all day. On the way home I heard they fired Red.

I sighed.

Comment

Working...
                                X