Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Probably not-still somewhat cheap and can backup 3B/1B and pinch hit
    I would imagine they are looking to re-home him to free up some more money regardless.

Comment

Rather clear payroll and sign Shields

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        Rather clear payroll and sign Shields
        A Shields signing would also save about 3 million in draft costs too(Lose #1 Pick)

Comment

That's what Baker is for.

Comment

To be honest at this point I'd rather keep McGehee - the bench is hugely upgraded with him around and - as much as I hate this usually - he's got that "clubhouse leader" thing going. To have him as a backup along with Solano gives us huge flexibility in the event of an injury pretty much anywhere. With Baker hitting LHP and maybe Dietrich figuring shit out and veteran 4th OF type signing that's a hell of a bench
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Erick View Post
            That's what Baker is for.
            That's not what Baker is for.

Baker is there to mash against lefties.

Baker has also played all of 63 innings at 3B the last two years. 84 innings over the last 3 years.
            --------------------
            oh and had a .191/.232/.303 vs RHP last year.

Don't need a 1B/2B who OPSes .500 vs RHP as our primary backup 3B
            Last edited by emkayseven; 12-19-2014, 01:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think they should definitely be keeping McGehee around, as long as he's OK with playing 2x week.
              poop

Comment

I think I'd rather have a left-handed bat coming off the bench instead of McGehee. Honestly I think Baker's a more valuable bench player than McGehee would be because of his lefty-mashing + he can play both positions McGehee can play and probably is better defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  To be honest at this point I'd rather keep McGehee - the bench is hugely upgraded with him around and - as much as I hate this usually - he's got that "clubhouse leader" thing going. To have him as a backup along with Solano gives us huge flexibility in the event of an injury pretty much anywhere. With Baker hitting LHP and maybe Dietrich figuring shit out and veteran 4th OF type signing that's a hell of a bench
                  --------------------

That's not what Baker is for.

Baker is there to mash against lefties.

Baker has also played all of 63 innings at 3B the last two years. 84 innings over the last 3 years.
                  Yeah but if you can cut costs enough where you can dump McGehee and make a run at Shields, I think you kind of have to do it.

Comment

I think you put Dietrich in AAA and have him hit everyday. His longterm is still important here.

If the bench is Baker, McGehee, Solano, and Mathis, I think you need a backup CF as Prado would be the de facto corner OF backup with the infield shifting around. But best practice is probably not just assuming Yelich is an everyday CF in case of an injury to Ozuna

Comment

McGehee is arb eligible. He made 1.1 million last year. How much is he projected to get? Is it really going to free up enough money to sign Shields?
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

McGehee is arb eligible. He made 1.1 million last year. How much is he projected to get? Is it really going to free up enough money to sign Shields?
                        Saving $5 million in yankees dell
                        McGhee, approx. 3.5-4 range you'd think
                        Haren - 10
                        Shields - lost first round pick, $2.5 mil

That's Shields and a veteran bat to replace McGehee on the bench easily.

Comment

Not by himself, but if Haren goes, too? It obviously helps.

Comment

I don't see any value to having McGehee on the team. Since when do you carry a player solely because he can backup at 3B? Also, why would he want to stay anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              I think I'd rather have a left-handed bat coming off the bench instead of McGehee. Honestly I think Baker's a more valuable bench player than McGehee would be because of his lefty-mashing + he can play both positions McGehee can play and probably is better defensively.
                              McGehee 2014
                              vs RHP: .303/.364/.375
                              vs LHP: .219/.316/.281
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              I don't see any value to having McGehee on the team. Since when do you carry a player solely because he can backup at 3B? Also, why would he want to stay anyway?
                              oh I forgot he has a say in the matter
                              --------------------
                              JCR just reported Marlins are only getting $6M ($3 each year)

So he's a 2/$16 player
                              Last edited by emkayseven; 12-19-2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Bench is

Mathis,McGehee,Baker,Solano,Dietrich or Bour(LH)

Prado,Dietrich,Morse can all play LF/RF and Yelich can play CF

Gotta think Dan Haren to SD for a 4th OF just makes sense

Comment

Working...
                                X