Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the Padres are currently drunk, seems like a good spot to dump Haren

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      Considering the Padres are currently drunk, seems like a good spot to dump Haren
      O they are trying but SD has put talks on hold to work on the other stuff first. SD has to do something tho with the backup OF-Maybin,Seth Smith,Almonte,Venable

Seth Smith would look pretty good as OF/1B instead of Jones

Comment

• Kyle Jensen DFA per MLBTR
        --------------------
        @flasportsbuzz: Marlins and Yankees have been discussing trade that would send Eovaldi and Garrett Jones to NY for Martin Prado and P David Phelps.
        Twitter

@flasportsbuzz: If sides do that deal, Prado likely would replace Casey McGehee as Marlins 3B
        Twitter
        Last edited by Big Z; 12-19-2014, 12:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I wonder if this means haren is staying?

Comment

• Pen gets stronger

Dyson,Phelps,Dunn,McKirahan(For Now),Crow,Morris,Ramos,Capps,Cishek

Ramsey,Caminero,Rienzo in AAA

Comment

• I'm terrified they start Phelps or Crow and put Koehler in the pen
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Don't see how they can afford to put Koehler in the pen. Latos, Alvarez, and Cosart and then ???

Comment

• If Haren doesn't go, then Haren and chef's choice of Koehler/Phelps/Hand/Crow

If Haren retires or is traded then yeah, Koehler.
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Speculating, but since SD is crazy right now, maybe they could trade McGehee, Haren, Phelps, Hand, and Dyson for Ian Kenneddy and Will Venable (both FA after this season).

It is relatively cost-neutral payroll wise and they get some long term assets.

Marlins supercharge rotation and get a great 4th OF.

Just throwing it out there. Not sure the Marlins would have to even give that much, but how great would that be.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      If Haren doesn't go, then Haren and chef's choice of Koehler/Phelps/Hand/Crow

If Haren retires or is traded then yeah, Koehler.
                      I'm assuming he's not playing here but fair.

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
                        Source: #SFGiants talking to #Marlins about 3B Casey McGehee. Hunter Strickland, Matt Duffy among SF players under discussion.

Comment

• big big fan of Strickland's stuff but we don't really need him...Duffy would be nice to bolster the system

Comment

• That was an easy guess on the Giants.
                            --------------------
                            Btw the fact that they might get something valuable for Casey is awesome.
                            Last edited by Ralph; 12-19-2014, 05:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Duffy would be an excellent return for McGehee, but I heard we're targeting pitching depth in the minors. Not upset we if we get pitching but Duffy would be a nice get.

Comment

• So what else is out there for last rotation spot?

Crow/Phelps is just way too bad, even if it is only for two months.

Haren hasn't put up a positive bWAR in 3 years (total of -1) and cost 10 f'n m so please God don't pitch, I'd rather have Phelps/Crow.

With all the hype Nicolino has gotten this offseason, and the fact he has spent a season and a half at AA now, maybe the writing is on the wall that they're planning to go with him? We need depth!

Really wish we grabbed Peavy now.

Comment

Working...
                                X