Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Don't Waste Time Reaching a Substantial Losing Streak; Fall 9-2 to the Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Don't Waste Time Reaching a Substantial Losing Streak; Fall 9-2 to the Nation

8 is great!

We have 4 starters batting over .300, doe!

This is some very painful baseball to watch. Brad "Under" Hand looked SHARP.

All the stars are aligning for there being 500 people in the stands for weekday, non - Jose starts.

#thanksJeffrey
    --------------------
    Announced attendance was over 18K tonight.

lolokokokololol
    Last edited by Namaste; 04-14-2014, 09:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

I'm going tomorrow and I do not feel like going. I hate seeing my team get beat around like this, and get no joy out of it. This team looks nothing like the team we saw in week 1.

Starting pitchers are bad.

Bullpen is bad.

Hitters can't hit with RISP when needed.

I hope it's just a bad stretch, because I can't fathom that they are this bad.
    Last edited by Big Z; 04-14-2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Looks a lot like last years team especially with RISP.

I remember when I said, and wrote here, that veterans could potentially limit losing streak. I repent for my stupidity.
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

It's not as if it's a surprise that they're not good.

Comment

That first series was a ruse.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Here's a couple of fun facts on Jones:

On 0-2 counts this year, he's 0 for 6 with 6 K's

On 1-2 counts this year, he's 0 for 7 with 5 K's

2-2, 0 for 7 with 6 K's

3-2, 3 for 10 with 5 K's

Basically, when he has 2 strikes on him he is DONE. He's 3 for 30 with 22 K's. He's on pace to K 247 times if he gets 550 ABs this year.
            Last edited by Big Z; 04-14-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              It's not as if it's a surprise that they're not good.
              There weren't many people calling an 8 game losing streak in the first half of April during Spring Training either.

Comment

I really dislike all the "I told you so". Nobody called the starting pitching putting up a near 6 ERA to start the year. Baseball's weird like that.

I'm not saying that the Marlins are anything near a good baseball team. We're not as good a hitting team as we've been early this season, and we're not as bad a pitching team as we've been. At some point things will revert to the norm.

Comment

Well I have been saying I think the pitching outside of Fernandez is really overrated all off-season. I don't think it's that good.

But I literally haven't seen an "I told you so" anywhere but just now.
                  --------------------
                  I'm certainly not going to do it. We're not this bad, either. Definitely in between.
                  Last edited by Mainge; 04-14-2014, 11:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I don't think we're gonna win again this season, personally.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with Hugg. I told you so.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                        I really dislike all the "I told you so". Nobody called the starting pitching putting up a near 6 ERA to start the year. Baseball's weird like that.

I'm not saying that the Marlins are anything near a good baseball team. We're not as good a hitting team as we've been early this season, and we're not as bad a pitching team as we've been. At some point things will revert to the norm.
                        So, in other words, you're saying that it'll even out. I'm just saying that it shouldn't be all that surprising that the team is 5-9 to start the year.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised by anything this team does. They could go .500 if the pitching "reverts to the norm" and they get some good years from a couple of hitters or they could also lose 100 games if a couple of unexpected things go wrong because the talent level is pretty bad.

All in all, I think we all agree that it's not absurd to say that they're going to lose ~90 games.

Comment

I knew we'd go 5-157.
                          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

When we were 5-2 and the announcers go well the Marlins have won their 5th game it took them til May for that to happen last season. Well we could end up with the same record at this point. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X