Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9716532

Buster Olney podcast. he had Clark Spencer on again to talk about the article about the front office issue that came out recently. Also talked about Stanton and the likelihood he signs with the Marlins. Spencer against said that there is slim to none chance that Stanton will sign an extension with the Marlins and that he isn't happy here. He expects the Marlins to make an offer that they will see as fair, like Uggla's deal, but that they will ultimately look to move him if Stanton doesn't accept it.
    Which will be made public and make his trade value plummet

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
      Which will be made public and make his trade value plummet
      His trade value will (should) not plummet this offseason or next offseason regardless of what happens with his contract extension because he is under club control for so long. Trade value should drop in proportion to how much club control is left but not be affected much by his contract extension

Comment

• I'm excited for the two relievers and Low-A bat we get for him
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I'm excited for Cameron Maybin again

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            I'm excited for the two relievers and Low-A bat we get for him
            We all are.

Comment

• from ESPN Rumors:

Giancarlo Stanton is eligible for arbitration for the first time this winter, and the Miami Marlins outfielder will get a substantial raise from the bargain-basement $537,000 he earned in 2013.

Despite the heftier price tag, the Marlins have given no inclination they are willing to deal their most value asset (at least for now), especially since the 2012 All-Star remains under club control for three more seasons. But could that change under a new management team?

In Sunday’s Boston Globe, Nick Cafardo asks if the Marlins might be more inclined to at least listen now that owner Jeffrey Loria has booted out team president Larry Beinfest and installed Michael Hill as GM.

There would be no shortage of teams looking to add Stanton. The Philadelphia Phillies have made numerous inquiries on Stanton, but the Fish may be reluctant to deal within the NL East. The price, of course, would be exorbitant, likely starting with highly regarded third base prospect Cody Asche and rising from there. Jim Salsbury wrote last month that GM Ruben Amaro has long been on the lockout for a player like Stanton.

Who else might be interested? The New York Mets need an outfield boost and the Marlins will be asking for top pitching prospects such as Noah Syndergaard and/or Rafael Montero. Don’t count out the Yankees, who saw a notable drop in television ratings and could be looking to add a marquee player.

The Red Sox have the resources to land Stanton, especially if outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury leaves via free agency. Stanton would be a very nice fit in Baltimore, where the Orioles are built to win now.
              Just posting this to show how ridiculous it is.

"...now that owner Jeffrey Loria has booted out team president Larry Beinfest and installed Michael Hill as GM." ...Hill was the GM, now he's the president

"Ruben Amaro has long been on the lockout"

GOD I hate ESPN
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• A reporter asked if the Marlins might be more willing to move Stanton.

That ain't news, y'all.
                poop

Comment

• It should be noted that Loria is very against the idea of trading Stanton. With Beinfest out of the way, it's more likely he stays put for the next two seasons.

Comment

• I thought Jennings was for trading Stanton. But yeah Loria is against trading him and he's the dictator.

Comment

• That reminded me of this...

Being a baseball rumormonger is a difficult job to do well. First, you spend years building a network of sources who can and will tell you interesting things about baseball teams. Even after you’ve collected your contacts, be prepared to put in long hours and work weekends to stay ahead of the story or be the first to break it. Don’t expect to sleep or be seen without a cell phone.

However, the job has its perks: attract a large enough following, and you can create your own stories. Slow news day? Pick a highly coveted player whom it might make some sort of sense for a team to trade. Ask an executive who works for that team if there’s any chance that said player might be moved. If the executive says the player won’t be traded under any circumstances, you have a story, or what passes for a story in the MLBTR/Twitter era. If the executive allows even the slightest sliver of a possibility that the player might be available, you have a story that lives a long time and begets a long line of other stories, like something straight out of the Old Testament. What is he worth, and what might it take to trade for him? Which teams might match up? Will the team still be willing to trade him tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow? What about the day after that?
                      http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19297

Comment

• Giancarlo Stanton led the majors in average home run distance in May (minimum five home runs), averaging 437.1 feet per homer. Stanton hit eight home runs in May; the shortest of which was 412 feet (the average home run distance in baseball this season is 396.8 feet).

Stanton leads the majors in 450-foot home runs this year and crushed two in May to up his season total to five.

Stanton has more 450-foot homers than every other team in baseball.

On May 23, Stanton hit two homers calculated at 463 and 444 feet. The 907 total feet is the second-furthest total distance in a game this season, falling short by one foot to Michael Morse, who hit a combined 908 feet of home runs on April 23.
                        http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...owerful-in-may

Comment

• ALL OVER Beefs face

Comment

• I really, really hope he stays healthy the rest of the season. Could be fun to watch.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• 3rd in latest All Star ballot count behind Puig and Blackmon

Comment

• Nice car.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X