No announcement yet.

Beinfest Fired; Mike Hill New Pres. of Baseball Ops, Dan Jennings new GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he does wear cool plaid button downs, nice jeans and cowboy boots.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

when Loria and Samson's mother divorced, part of the settlement included lifetime employment for lil' David
      That is so funny and pathetic. I hate Samson maybe as much if not more than Loria.

I'm also not liking this narrative that is forming that we should somehow pity Beinfest or think he was only bad as a GM because of Loria. Yes Loria might be the worst owner in all of pro sports but when given the opportunity or money Beinfest screwed up plenty of times. I for one am happy to see him go. I never saw, heard or felt any kind of vision from him or anything he stood for other than vague notions of wanting to be good at defense and being too enamored with speed. Dombrowski he is not.

Comment

Vision is top down as well. There is no vision cause Loria doesn't have one except for putting more paintings on a wall. I wish he would just sell the damn team.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
          That is so funny and pathetic. I hate Samson maybe as much if not more than Loria.
          Its also maybe not true. There's no evidence for it whatsoever presented.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and explain what rampant speculation means.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Exactly. For all the Samson hate, people lose sight that he was very good at his job. His main goal was to get the stadium built and he did that. I'm not exactly sure what his role is now, other than to be a public punching bag. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think his personality certainly rubs people the wrong way, and maybe (now that the stadium is built), it could be time for someone else to be the public voice of the franchise. Will that happen? I guess we'll find out.

Comment

It's looking as though Loria will be the public voice of the franchise.

It's gonna be a real good time.

Comment

I'm not sure how attendance can go down, but it will

Comment

Case study unfolding before our eyes. The business school textbook companies are in a frenzy!

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I'm not sure how attendance can go down, but it will
                      I'm not so sure attendance will go down. I mean, it's already really low (considering its infant existence). The people that went this year will go next year too.

Loria may bump payroll for 2014 and play the role of GENIUS when the team improves by 10-15 games with the new FO.

Comment

Some of the premium seating was sold as multi-year packages. I suspect you will see a lot more empty seats behind home plate next season.
                        Last edited by Party; 09-28-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          It's looking as though Loria will be the public voice of the franchise.

It's gonna be a real good time.
                          Loria may be the one making decisions, but he clearly has no interest in being the public voice of the franchise. He does one press conference a year. You think all of a sudden, he's going to be out there in front of reporters? No chance.

As for attendance, I don't think there's any way it gets lower. You would think that if Loria is going to shakeup the front office, and with everyone now knowing that he's the one making a lot of the decisions (if they weren't aware of it before), you would think he's try to at least go out and improve the team. It won't take much to make this offense better...it can't be much worse. I guess we will see.
                          Last edited by fauowls44; 09-28-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

@MarlinsMedia: Marlins to hold a press conference today at noon at Marlins Park.

m.twitter.com/MarlinsMedia
                            Probably about this.

Comment

To announce Loria as the whole front office and manager?

Comment

clarkspencer @clarkspencer
                                #Marlins promote Mike Hill to president of baseball operations; Dan Jennings becomes G.M.
                                LOLZ

Comment

Working...
                                X