No announcement yet.

Round 4 | Andrew Toles | CF | Sandy Creek HS (GA) | NOT SIGNED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toles, the son of former Tennessee and NFL linebacker Alvin Toles, is an undersized center fielder with above-average speed. A lefthanded hitter, his arm is his only other above-average tool. He generates good bat speed and shows a knack for making contact, but he has a lot going on at the plate, including a hitch that can throw off his timing. The ball jumps off his bat and he should produce gap power. He needs work on his defense in center field, and while he's a good runner under way he is sometimes tenative and isn't smooth going back on balls. He attends the same high school that produced Brent Brewer and Calvin Johnson.
    from BA

I hate this pick more and more
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Andrew Toles Position: OF School: Sandy Creek HS State: GA Height: 5’9’’ Weight: 180

Bats: L Throws: R Birth Date: 5/24/92 Seiler Rating: 4D4 Commitment: Tennessee

Andrew Toles is a blazing high school outfielder from Sandy Creek High School in Tyrone, Georgia, a southern suburb of Atlanta. Toles is teammates with a pair of Draft Notebook prospects that come later in here in Chris Triplett and Aaron Warren. One of the fastest runners in the entire draft class, it seems that running is about the only thing he does well enough to warrant draft interest. Most of the rest of his tools are light, and even though baseball is a more complicated game than running, a pure runner is a prospect in this year’s draft. Having seen Toles a couple of times personally, I also saw the sentiment from scouts that he’s only worth following if he proves he can hit. He profiles now to be a fourth outfielder that is a defensive sub and pinch hitter, and he needs to show he can do more with the bat if he wants to break free of that mold. At the plate, he’s a fringe-average hitter that can lose concentration in at-bats, though when he does lock in, he can spray the ball around the field. His raw power is well below-average, but he compensates with plus-plus speed that he uses aggressively on the basepaths. Defensively, he has the raw tools to be an above-average center fielder, and his arm is solid-average, as well, giving him a nice fourth outfielder’s tool set. He looks more like someone who should go to college now, and his draft position has floated back to the tenth to fifteenth round range, where he won’t sign.
      http://www.mlbbonusbaby.com/2010/7/1...s-andrew-toles

This is what I call great drafting.

Comment

In the fourth round, Sam Dyson (Blue Jays), Matthew Grimes (White Sox), Austin Wood (Rays), Cole Green (Tigers) and Andrew Toles (Marlins) were not close to deals as of Sunday evening. Additionally, because he's the equivalent of a college senior and played in an independent league this spring, fourth-rounder James Paxton (Mariners) isn't subject to the deadline.
        http://ht.ly/2qbEZ

Comment

I hate Andrew Toles. Not much logic behind this. I just hate him already.
          Christian Yelich
          LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
          12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
          100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
          .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Tennessee expects OF Andrew Toles (Marlins, 4th) to come to school. Son of former Tennessee/NFL LB Alvin Toles figured to be tough sign.
            http://twitter.com/aaronfitt
            Christian Yelich
            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836

Last 10 Games:
            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Comment

He has speed. A guy who can run fast makes Beinfest's pants tighter than any stack of Penthouses ever could.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                He has speed. A guy who can run fast makes Beinfest's pants tighter than any stack of Penthouses ever could.
                Hey now everyone knows saving money makes his pants tighter than speed ever will.

Honestly not a big loss

Comment

I dont think saving money is Beinfest things. If a guy can run a 4.3/40 he reaches for lotion and Kleenex.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

He must be a fan of Al Davis
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

http://twitter.com/conorglassey

Not signing. Not really news, but confirmed.
                      Christian Yelich
                      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836

Last 10 Games:
                      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Comment

he's now hitting .358/.426/.566 in 53 ABs in a playoff hunt with the Dodgers

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          he's now hitting .358/.426/.566 in 53 ABs in a playoff hunt with the Dodgers
                          Even if we had signed him,they would have released him years ago.

Crazy numbers in the minors but as seen in the past we are one of those teams who could care less about "talent". Unless u a 1st Rd pick,the 2nd f*ck up and u are gone. This kid messed up tons and TB is known as a team who gives about 100 chances.

Comment

Working...
                          X