• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"oh wow we didn't lose 100 games again and I'm supposed to be happy?" -daft
    --------------------
    at least we passed the 1965 Senatros
    Last edited by emkayseven; 09-26-2014, 05:42 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

All things considered, I think that the team had a good year. They're probably my 3rd or 4th favorite Marlins team of all-time. "No lower than 4th."

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        "oh wow we didn't lose 100 games again and I'm supposed to be happy?"
        See, that's not what Namaste was doing, though. Namaste is pleased about how different this season was than last.

But the whole 3rd place, 4th place thing --------------> yawn.

It's very batting average-esque.

Comment

Bour now hitting .361/.440/.468 in his 13g/50pa as a starter

Comment

22 hits on the road is fun

Comment

If we keep the 15 game improvement going every season, we'll be unbeatable soon:

2015- 92
              2016- 107
              2017- 122
              2018- 137
              2019- 142
              2020- 157
              2021- 172 (10 wins roll into the playoffs)

Comment

Kike got this one good: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._copy_36626087

Comment

If Kike can maintain the numbers he's had in the big leagues in between Houston and us over a full season, that's a pretty solid starting second baseman.
                  --------------------
                  I'd be very curious to see how this lineup would do over a full season.

Yelich-LF
                  Hernandez-2B
                  Stanton-RF
                  Bour-1B
                  Ozuna-CF
                  Salty-C
                  Dietrich/Baker-3B
                  Hechavarria-SS

Trade McGehee and Jones for prospects. Put all your money you have freed up in the offseason into signing James Shields. Maybe even have some money for a cheap veteran reliever and some solid bench bats.
                  Last edited by Nick; 09-27-2014, 10:17 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    If Kike can maintain the numbers he's had in the big leagues in between Houston and us over a full season, that's a pretty solid starting second baseman.
                    --------------------

Yelich-LF
                    Hernandez-2B
                    Stanton-RF
                    Bour-1B
                    Ozuna-CF
                    Salty-C
                    Dietrich/Baker-3B
                    Hechavarria-SS

Trade McGehee and Jones for prospects. Put all your money you have freed up in the offseason into signing James Shields. Maybe even have some money for a cheap veteran reliever and some solid bench bats.
                    You're missing Solano. He is our professional 2b. I don't trust this front office to evaluate anything right.

Comment

--------------------

Yelich-LF
                      Hernandez-2B
                      Stanton-RF
                      Bour-1B
                      Ozuna-CF
                      Salty-C
                      Dietrich/Baker-3B
                      Hechavarria-SS

If you sign Shields, there's not a need for cheap veteran relievers. Koehler could easily slot into the bullpen.

Cishek
                      Dunn (they aren't trading these two, I don't see it)
                      Ramos
                      Capps
                      Hand (He'll be back)
                      Koehler
                      Hatcher

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        If you sign Shields, there's not a need for cheap veteran relievers. Koehler could easily slot into the bullpen.

Cishek
                        Dunn (they aren't trading these two, I don't see it)
                        Ramos
                        Capps
                        Hand (He'll be back)
                        Koehler
                        Hatcher
                        You would need Koehler in the rotation at least until July.

Shields
                        Alvarez
                        Eovaldi
                        Cosart
                        Koehler

Unless you're somehow convinced that Heaney will be ready for a spot in the rotation come April, which I'm not.

Comment

I actually see no benefit of Heaney being in AAA again for him or the team.

Comment

Well he's going to have to prove something in Spring Training because he certainly hasn't in his time in the big leagues this season.

And say what you will about Koehler he's been pretty decent this year, and is more than serviceable as a number 5 starter.

Comment

Well he's going to have to prove something in Spring Training because he certainly hasn't in his time in the big leagues this season.

And say what you will about Koehler he's been pretty decent this year, and is more than serviceable as a number 5 starter.
                              I have become a fan of Koehler and wouldn't mind him in the number 5 spot at all, but I think Heaney is going to be a better option. You're right though, his spring dictates his role next season. Conley could be a guy that's a sleeper, granted his elbow is healed up.

Comment

Heaney will probably start next year in the minor leagues.

Also, I expect Morris and Dyson to be in the bullpen next year so they probably belong on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X