Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    The anti-Solano thing is weird, considering his career batting line in the majors is basically identical to Ichiro's last four seasons.

Sometimes we talk about the dude like he doesn't deserve to ever even see the field...
    I know you're not saying Solano > Ichiro (and instead talking about Solano hate, which more-so has to do with his usage rather than his ability), but there's a 9 point difference in OPS+ the past two years. That's not nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
      Solano is a perfectly serviceable quad-A type player. He's fine if he's the 25th guy on your roster. It's a problem when he gets 400+ ABs per season, which is what he's had the last three years.
      285-361-310

never gotten 400abs in his career

only topped 350PAs once in his 3 years

I don't disagree with your general point though

Comment

• Actual numbers aside, each season Solano has been here his role was expected to be an extra infielder, utility-type guy and ultimately he ended up being the starting 2nd baseman and he's simply not good enough to be an everyday player on a team trying to compete. Ichiro, at this stage in his career, is not good enough to be an everyday player on a team trying to compete. It was excusable after they gave up in 2012 and probably necessary in 2013 but it was a disaster last season would be even worse if it happened again this year.

Comment

• Stanton Uncomfortable with Facemask?

Definitely sounding like he's having some problems and is down to wearing it only against righties. Do you guys think he ditches it at some point in the year, or ever? When will he ever feel comfortable enough to play without it? This is a story because if it affects him, but he feels he has to wear it against RHP... You just have to hope maybe by the All Star break he stops wearing it. I think having ABs without it against LHP is helping him regain some comfort without it again

Comment

• I don't think he's going to stop wearing it. Too risky. It's not like he's been good vs LHP either so it isn't the mask that's throwing him off.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• He'll stop wearing it.
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Last year to this year. Looks like he's actually setting up a bit closer to the plate.

He's swinging and missing on inside pitches a whole lot.

Interesting, he has yet to swing and miss against a LHP (20 swings.) He has made contact on just 55% of his swings against RHP, which is really bad. Could be fluky small sample thing, could be discomfort with the mask.
                poop

Comment

• Actually doesn't look to me like he's setting up closer to the plate, per se - more that he's bringing that left foot in and isn't angled out as much. His back foot looks to be approximately the same, to me at least.
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• The camera angle isn't 100% the same, which makes it a bit hard to tell. The left foot is definitely setup closer, but it looks like he's a bit closer to the plate overall.

the .gif and chart come from this.
                    poop

Comment

• Um...https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/592888287951462402

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        typos happen.

Comment

• SMDH LORIA

- - - - - - - - - -

did I do that right?

Comment

• [tweet]605641807167234048[/tweet]

Comment

• sounds right.

Comment

• [tweet]605450123255140352[/tweet]

After teammate Dee Gordon tweeted a photo of Giancarlo Stanton's unique Kit Kat-eating technique earlier Monday, reps from the candy company sent the slugger 432 Kit Kats and some handy instructions to use for practice.
                                -ESPN

Comment

Working...
                                X