Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Ege claimed by Angels. Solid LRP for next year gone so we can have a month of Chris Narveson
    Cody Ege is the complete opposite of solid. The guy was terrible. The only bad thing about this is that we actually traded Sam Dyson to get Cody Ege.

Comment

• Ege is actually a nice piece. If you look at his numbers before he came into our organization he was clearly going to be a bullpen arm for the major league team. WE of course ruined that.

- - - - - - - - - -

he went 65 innings last year, the majority with Texas and he had a .96 ERA and an 86/26 K/BB ration. This year in 44 innings he has a 4.5 ERA and a 36/27 K/BB ratio.

Comment

• Or last season was a fluke?

Comment

• Sub-85 MPH fastball, enough said.

Comment

• U would think Jeff Cheapskate would try his hardest to get Carlos Gomez before others get a chance however we have passed on trading for him because he has 2 million left on his deal. Instead Gomez has to clear waviers and then we will be jumping all over him for $125,000

I wish Gomez would sign with someone else and Jeff can stick the 1.85mil back up his a$$!!!! Such a damn cheapskate-saves money on anything he can

Comment

• sean burnett, great track record against lefties and has shut down lefties in AAA this year, goes to the nationals for cash. We give up 2 prospects for a shitty LHP in Cervenka and proceed to use him as not just a LOOGY.

Comment

• and btw my point to that is not us being huge losers by not getting Sean Burnett, it's the fact that so many of these guys are available for very little in terms of trading away players and I am sick of hearing how this front office claims to want to win but then continuously gives away more in trades than is necessary for financial reasons. If they want to do that, whatever, I'm not going to root for their team or be too upset when they lose. But don't continue to tell me how much Jeffrey Loria cares about winning when any baseball fan who has any idea of how baseball works or how this team works can tell you that is a flat out lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  U would think Jeff Cheapskate would try his hardest to get Carlos Gomez before others get a chance however we have passed on trading for him because he has 2 million left on his deal. Instead Gomez has to clear waviers and then we will be jumping all over him for $125,000

I wish Gomez would sign with someone else and Jeff can stick the 1.85mil back up his a$$!!!! Such a damn cheapskate-saves money on anything he can
                  Gomez has a sub .600 OPS this year. I'd take a chance on him too, but no way I pay him more than $125K minimum. Apparently every other MLB team agrees too.

Comment

• I'd rather give Scruggs a chance than taking a flyer on Gomez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      I'd rather give Scruggs a chance than taking a flyer on Gomez.
                      Agreed...but why not bring in both?

Also Burnett hadn't pitched in the majors in over 2 years and not full time since 2012. Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Agreed...but why not bring in both?

Also Burnett hadn't pitched in the majors in over 2 years and not full time since 2012. Whatever.
                        That wasnt my point but for the sake of argument, he has always been a guy who was great against lefties when he was healthy and this year he was back healthy. He has a 1.91 ERA in 42 innings at AAA this year and lefties have hit .164/.203/.236 against him and he was available for just cash. That is opposed to Hunter Cervenka, who is not good, being acquired for our 2014 supplemental pick and 7th round pick in that same draft. It's just a simple better allocation of resources if we spent money like a major league team instead of a bush league minor league team. And it's part of the reason why every year we go in the tank as soon as we get injuries.

Comment

• It's also the difference between having massive control over a young player vs no control over an old player. That alone puts a big gap in their values

Comment

• So we have massive control over a shitty player and we gave 2 relatively recent high draft picks who also have massive control. We make those moves rather than deals such as giving up cash for a guy like Burnett. Cervenka has a career 4.56 ERA 1.55 WHIP in 383 minor league innings, he's not good and we gave up assets for him for absolutely no reason. Like I said in my original post about this, it's not this deal in particular. It is a collection of deals like this in lieu of spending amounts of money that should be commonplace in this current era of owning a major league baseball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                              It's also the difference between having massive control over a young player vs no control over an old player. That alone puts a big gap in their values
                              This is the reason Cervenka cost so much. MLB values control now,especially cheap control

I think Cervenka is crap but the way they saw it was get a guy who can be in our pen for years to come without giving up anything that can help the major league team in the next 3 years

Seymour and Mader were nothing special-Seymour is all speed who doesn't have a position and can't hit. Mader is a dime a dozen-Sadberry,Holmes,Peters all better than him

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              That wasnt my point but for the sake of argument, he has always been a guy who was great against lefties when he was healthy and this year he was back healthy. He has a 1.91 ERA in 42 innings at AAA this year and lefties have hit .164/.203/.236 against him and he was available for just cash. That is opposed to Hunter Cervenka, who is not good, being acquired for our 2014 supplemental pick and 7th round pick in that same draft. It's just a simple better allocation of resources if we spent money like a major league team instead of a bush league minor league team. And it's part of the reason why every year we go in the tank as soon as we get injuries.
                              U fail to realize that where guys are drafted do NOT mean much anymore. It's all about $,we drafted Sam Perez in Rd 5 this year because he cost us $30,000 which let us spend an extra $400,000 on Garrett. Sam Perez is maybe a Rd 10-15 talent

Same as Josh Naylor-was sandwich Rd talent but we took him early cause he gave us a 750K discount

Comment

• Well to all the Gomez hate-Jeff saves 2 million and we get Robert Andino in LF

Gomez to Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X