Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small sample size theater

Comment

It doesn't matter anyway. They'll give all the extra AB's to Rojas and his .528 OPS

Comment

I mean, Dietrich was already playing 2-3 times a week. So, yeah, those ABs will go to Rojas now.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big setback is kidding themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
          small sample size theater
          If you go back 300 AB's DD still has a better OPS.

This 80 game suspension hurts us defensively and our bench.

And it will hurt even more because Rojas.

Comment

Yeah, the issue is the gap between Dietrich and Gordon's offense is not nearly as wide as the gap between Gordon and Dietrich's defense.

Gordon might be the best 2B in baseball. Dietrich is borderline unplayable (-14 DRS, -14.4 UZR/150). Which will lead to them playing Rojas more.

Comment

Yeah, the issue is the gap between Dietrich and Gordon's offense is not nearly as wide as the gap between Gordon and Dietrich's defense.

Gordon might be the best 2B in baseball. Dietrich is borderline unplayable (-14 DRS, -14.4 UZR/150). Which will lead to them playing Rojas more.
              Which is why I think the move is to play DD at 3rd and put Prado at 2nd.

Comment

The problem there is Prado is a bad 2B and a good 3B and Dietrich is a bad 3B. So, now you've made 2 positions bad.

- - - - - - - - - -

Prado career
                2b uzr/150 -4.9 drs -1
                3b uzr/150 6.9 drs 38

Comment

The problem there is Prado is a bad 2B and a good 3B and Dietrich is a bad 3B. So, now you've made 2 positions bad.

- - - - - - - - - -

Prado career
                  2b uzr/150 -4.9 drs -1
                  3b uzr/150 6.9 drs 38
                  Well Prado is a better 2nd baseman than DD and he also hasn't played 2nd here with Perry Hill. I think that matters at least a little bit.

Comment

defense is for pussies

Stick DD out there vs. RHP, play Rojas for late inning replacement and vs LHP

it'd be nice to have Kike Hernandez rn

- - - - - - - - - -

the bigger issue for me is how much it changes the makeup of our lineup. you pretty much have to bat Yelich leadoff now (although we all know Ichiro is somehow going to get a ton of ABs there and Rojas inexplicably will too when he's starting and at some point they'll try hitting Hech 2nd again) and I suppose you move Stanton up to 3 which I'm fine with, but if you go with Yelich-Prado-Stanton-Bour-Ozuna-Dietrich good LORD the strikeouts in the middle of that lineup
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Just let DD lead off. Keep the rest of the lineup the same.

Comment

Comment

#freedee

Comment

Incidental Clostebol Contamination

http://www.clinchem.org/content/50/2/456.full

Comment

Who replaces Dee on the roster? Freaking Don Kelly?

Comment

I'm ready for the Emilio Bonifacio reunion tour.

Comment

Working...
                                X