Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvarez, Latos, Cosart, Haren, Koehler, Phelps, Hand, Nicolino, Crow, and Urena are probably ahead of him on the starter depth chart. I think he might have problems being behind Williams and Flores too. And Fernandez is coming.

Hard to imagine a guy who pitched 65 innings last year isn't slowly worked and built back up. I hope he stays in AA/AAA all year and throws 140+ healthy innings. See what happens in 2016 for the big league club when the bullpen is radically traded away because of rising salaries.

Comment

• Conley is in AAA no matter what-should be in the pen to replace Dunn next year but they prolly still see him as a starter. Andrew Miller all over again!! Watch

As for the 40 man its Claiborne,Rojas and Dayton/McKirahan who are the guys on the bottom of the 40 man

If McKirahan makes the ML roster Dayton is prolly off. If not then he is off

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Conley is in AAA no matter what-should be in the pen to replace Dunn next year but they prolly still see him as a starter. Andrew Miller all over again!! Watch

As for the 40 man its Claiborne,Rojas and Dayton/McKirahan who are the guys on the bottom of the 40 man

I don't see the similarities. Conley has not been rated as highly as Miller at similar points in there career. And Miller has never demonstrated the ability to control his pitches like Conley. If you're saying he ends up being given a chance to succeed as a reliever after failing as a starter like almost every pitcher, you could have found a better way to say that.

Comment

• Dood got wrecked.

Comment

Conley is in AAA no matter what-should be in the pen to replace Dunn next year but they prolly still see him as a starter. Andrew Miller all over again!! Watch

Not that this matters, but assuming they add a roster-invitee bench bat as the 25th man, and McKirahan is added to the roster (i.e., they need 2 spots and to dump 1 guy off 40 man because of Fernandez on 60 day), I can't imagine they dump Dayton off the 40 man based on the lack of lefties they have right now, or Rojas because lack of MLB calibre position players.

Claiborne or Dyson is who I imagine are next off. Which is pretty amazing as those two combined to pitch 63 innings last year of a sub 3.00 era at the MLB level.

I have no idea why Cishek is still around with Capps, Claiborne, Dyson, Ramsey, and Rienzo in the minors. Someone there is throwing 50+ good innings next year if needed.

Comment

• Friend of mine plays softball with a friend of Jose Fernandez and he sometimes goes to hang out at the games. He talked to him about what the Marlins are doing. He says he doesn't think they get Shields because "they don't have the money".

He doesn't know if he said that because he assumes that's the case or the front office actually made him aware of that. I mean, this isn't all that shocking considering the reports out there of Loria not wanting to pull out the cash for Shields even though the front office is pleading for it. Just figured I'd pass that along.

Comment

• While I'm sure it's the case, I also wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't the case. If you're Loria and Co., and you think signing Shields is a long shot, then sure, tell your players you don't have the money, so that when you make it happen it looks like you said fuck it, I'm spending to put a winner on the field
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I wish he would just sell the damn team. He doesn't have the money to compete. A ah fuck it were going for it and still having a bottom payroll with Shields is pathetic in this day and age of baseball.

Comment

• Like I been saying they wanna make a 4 yr/70 million offer to Shields BUT not until they can save more cash. TRADE Cishek!! The issue tho is teams are offering crap for him knowing that they wanna deal him bad so they can make Shields an offer.

This is one of the reasons u keep hearing the Marlins have no interest in Shields,that and hopefully keep driving the price down on Shields

The Fish wanna trade Cishek for what they want in return(includes 3 prospects with at least 1 Top 1)

Ya Claiborne and Rojas are gonna be the first ones off the 40 man BUT gotta think they also would DFA one of the lefties if needed

Comment

• You can make Shields an offer without trading Cishek.

Nothing you say ever makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        You can make Shields an offer without trading Cishek.

Nothing you say ever makes sense.
                        Sure u can but when the offer is NOT within the budget u have to lose money somewhere. Make Shields an even cheaper offer or trade someone??

People seem to think Loria is looking at just spending cash-he has a budget he wants to stick to. What is it? No one knows proly not even Loria but 10 million dollars(Cishek gone for prospects and #1 pick gone) would sure help pay for Shields salary

We arent the LAD

Comment

• The problem is, it IS in the budget.

And their demands for Cishek, if true, for 3 good guys and 1 top prospect is ludicrous. He's valuable, but if they get a "Realmuto and Williams/Urena" for him, i.e. a top 70-100 overall prospect (Realmuto actually lands there for on Law's list) and a good back of the rotation starter/reliever candidate for 1-2 years down the road, you take. That's a good return for 65 innings a year. Mat Latos (and his draft pick compensation) just got traded for DeScalfani and Wallach!

Not to mention, they could move Haren if they eat $2-5 million, and that saves $5-8 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            The problem is, it IS in the budget.

And their demands for Cishek, if true, for 3 good guys and 1 top prospect is ludicrous. He's valuable, but if they get a "Realmuto and Williams/Urena" for him, i.e. a top 70-100 overall prospect (Realmuto actually lands there for on Law's list) and a good back of the rotation starter/reliever candidate for 1-2 years down the road, you take. That's a good return for 65 innings a year. Mat Latos (and his draft pick compensation) just got traded for DeScalfani and Wallach!

Not to mention, they could move Haren if they eat $2-5 million, and that saves $5-8 million.
                            Don't forget that our inside source claims Haren will retire before pitching for the Marlins in the regular season which would save $10 million.

You're right with Cishek, they should be looking for a two player return where one player is a future starting infielder and the other projects as at the very least a good backup/reliever.

They can also sign Shields now and dump Cishek in May to save cash. They won't have the option to sign a Shields come May but it'll be just as easy to save some cash.

Comment

• I'm sorry, if the Marlins were trying to move Cishek as seriously as you say they are, Ken Rosenthal or Jon Heyman would have been reporting this. Cishek is a major piece to be trading to some teams.

Comment

Sure u can but when the offer is NOT within the budget u have to lose money somewhere. Make Shields an even cheaper offer or trade someone??
                                Those aren't the only two options. You can offer Shields what you want to offer him. If he accepts, you can move Cishek afterward.

This isn't a video game where you must stay within your budget at all times.

Comment

Working...
                                X