Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Rafael Furcal to One-year Deal

Spoiler:
    RT @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #MARLINS agree with Rafael Furcal on one-year contract, pending physical. Plan is for Furcal to be everyday second baseman.

Alright.
    poop

If healthy, I like it. I'd put Dietrich at 3rd and then try to upgrade at 1B, although Barry Jackson tweeted they are still looking for a 3rd baseman.

Comment

Not sure how much of an upgrade an aging Furcal is over what we already have.

Comment

great fuckin sign if it's low value
        --------------------
        in response to the people who are going to say "why?": our 2B had a .235/.292/.349 line last year, and I imagine Furcal's defense will be pretty solid at 2b
        --------------------
        “At my age, if I have health, I can play regularly… I am a natural second baseman. If I have to move around to various positions in order to play for a contender, I would do it.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...rest-in-furcal

however said that the mets weren't interested due to physical concerns
        Last edited by emkayseven; 12-05-2013, 08:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

He hasn't been good in 4 years, but why not?
          poop

Comment

I know this is crazy, but given that quote - and that this article says he's dead set on playing for a contender (http://roxpile.com/2013/12/02/rafael-furcal/) - is it possible the Marlins have laid out for him a few more moves they're going to make in the hopes of putting a strong team on the field?
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            again, we had a .235/.292/.349 line last year at 2B, and I imagine the defense will be plus
            --------------------
            $3.5 million with playing time incentives
            Last edited by emkayseven; 12-05-2013, 09:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              again, we had a .235/.292/.349 line last year at 2B, and I imagine the defense will be plus
              Right.

He's also 36 with a .251/.314/.347 line over 800 at-bats in the last three seasons. He's probably going to be bad, but there's no risk, so why not?
              poop

Comment

I thought you'd dislike this deal.

Comment

K..
                  poop

Comment

Right.

He's also 36 with a .251/.314/.347 line over 800 at-bats in the last three seasons. He's probably going to be bad, but there's no risk, so why not?
                    Right. It's low cost and he's likely a better option that what we've got. And maybe he hits well enough that we give Dietrich the job and move him for a RP spect or something.

Comment

All-Star

Comment

I love this deal. I still remember his unassisted triple play he had with Atlanta.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Clark Spencer says it's actually $3 million plus incentives

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            I love this deal. I still remember his unassisted triple play he had with Atlanta.
                            It's just because of the unassisted triple play, right? Otherwise, I don't get why anyone would "love" it.

Comment

I mean it's a little bit more money than I would like, but why not? Maybe he has a great bounce-back season and we trade him at the deadline.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                              X