This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This board is very what-have-you-done-for-me-lately

When they go on a little run it's, "hey this team is exciting, we have such a great core to build around ( including our starting SS)!"

Then they start to suck balls and they're no longer exciting and players we were excited about 2 weeks ago turn into bad players.

Does the fact that he's in a pretty bad stretch matter at all in this conversation?

Comment

I mean, Daft, to be fair, the only 2 people talking about Hech right now never liked him. They've both hated him since the day we traded for him pretty much. I don't think they were praising him last month either.
      --------------------
      I don't really think anyone can make the case that he's a good offensive player. Even when he was on fire, he had like a .510 BABIP. It was fun, but phony.
      Last edited by HUGG; 08-09-2013, 08:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm pretty sure Mainge is going to call me a dumbass or something like that within the next 30 min.

Comment

Hech is still my favorite player on the team. I don't think "good" is the right way to describe him at this point in his career.

I still think he's going to improve as a hitter though. He's still shown progress (for example his K rate continues to improve, even jumping to the majors).

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            I mean, Daft, to be fair, the only 2 people talking about Hech right now never liked him. They've both hated him since the day we traded for him pretty much. I don't think they were praising him last month either.
            Yeah I don't know what the fuck he is talking about. This team and core is still exciting to me. I never included Hech in that conversation. It's exciting despite him.

Comment

I like him. I like his swing when he makes outs. I like when he picks up balls around the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                This board is very what-have-you-done-for-me-lately

When they go on a little run it's, "hey this team is exciting, we have such a great core to build around ( including our starting SS)!"

Then they start to suck balls and they're no longer exciting and players we were excited about 2 weeks ago turn into bad players.

Does the fact that he's in a pretty bad stretch matter at all in this conversation?
                I like the core of pitchers in the organization.

I've been consistent in saying that the bats are pretty terrible overall. Hechavarria is one of the terrible bats. I'm not looking at stretches. The totality of his numbers this season are terrible.

Maybe he improves in the future. Right now, he's terrible and there's really not much to be excited about. Honestly, his #'s don't even suggest that he's been unlucky so I'm not sure why you brought up the top-75 .babip thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Mainge is going to call me a dumbass or something like that within the next 30 min.
                  No I am legitimately confused and wondering if there's another SFM somewhere where everyone has been calling Hech a good, high upside player.

Comment

Just me and Beef.

Comment

Koyie Hill did it!

Brantly would've hit a groundball to the right side of the infield there.

Comment

HILL DID IT.

Another moment brought to you by......

Comment

I think Namaste has been getting into his HUGHgarden tonight. I give him a pass.

Comment

I've only had one. I did open #2 about 10 min ago, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X