Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, oh. They MUST not like Fernandez if they're signing Johnson...

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      Barry Jackson
      ‏@flasportsbuzz
      Also am told Marlins are signing Chris Johnson, a career .280 hitter as right-handed bat off bench. Can spell Bour vs lefties

- - - - - - - - - -

wasn't Johnson the guy who started yelling at 3B during the Jose Fernandez home run trot?
      Yes.

That's the 1B/3B Lou was talking about.

Comment

• "Weak ass fastball"

- - - - - - - - - -

"Weak ass fastball"
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• yeah, johnson started the shit.

he also sprinted in from 3rd base to duck behind the umpire, practically yelling, "hold me back, bro" in the process.

Comment

• Chen talk here: http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...0-million-deal
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Johnson is a career .314 hitter against lefties. Maybe they finally understand what a platoon is.

Comment

• anyone have historical evidence of mattingly correctly platooning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Johnson is a career .314 hitter against lefties. Maybe they finally understand what a platoon is.
                  Yep. Solid low cost move. Still would have been better to claim Valencia for free, but this isn't a disaster idea.

Comment

• Yeah the Johnson move makes sense if they're looking to help Bour out. I'm also confident the Marlins will use him 100% incorrectly.

Comment

• Is it possible? Are the Marlins actually making some good moves today? I mean, they'll probably screw it up by trading Ozuna for a RP, but it's nice for the moment.

Also, any chance they sign Lazarito? They definitely should, but I doubt it because he'll obviously cost a lot and won't give you the immediate rewards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        they're going to add exactly nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          Is it possible? Are the Marlins actually making some good moves today? I mean, they'll probably screw it up by trading Ozuna for a RP, but it's nice for the moment.

Also, any chance they sign Lazarito? They definitely should, but I doubt it because he'll obviously cost a lot and won't give you the immediate rewards.
                          They should take a shot at him but prolly won't. Only like 6 teams can make him an actual offer the rest have to pay like x2 but to teams that spend money it doesn't really matter. See Yoan Moncada-Boston paid like 30 million x2-60 million for him

Dodgers will offer him like 50 million x2-100 million and we will ask for him in trades for the next 3 years.

The thing about all of this is all Jeff has to do is offer these guys the cash and we could easily get them. They like the culture and atmosphere but when comes down to it MONEY talks to them. We were close on Sierra again the issue was $. The Dodgers offered more guaranteed cash while we offered incentives

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            They should take a shot at him but prolly won't. Only like 6 teams can make him an actual offer the rest have to pay like x2 but to teams that spend money it doesn't really matter. See Yoan Moncada-Boston paid like 30 million x2-60 million for him

Dodgers will offer him like 50 million x2-100 million and we will ask for him in trades for the next 3 years.

The thing about all of this is all Jeff has to do is offer these guys the cash and we could easily get them. They like the culture and atmosphere but when comes down to it MONEY talks to them. We were close on Sierra again the issue was $. The Dodgers offered more guaranteed cash while we offered incentives
                            That's what is so frustrating. They have yet to even come close on any of these guys yet, and most of them end up panning out. As for Sierra, the opinions on him seem to be mixed. He doesn't seem like the monster-ceiling type like this Lazarito kid is.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              That's what is so frustrating. They have yet to even come close on any of these guys yet, and most of them end up panning out. As for Sierra, the opinions on him seem to be mixed. He doesn't seem like the monster-ceiling type like this Lazarito kid is.
                              Exactly. He seems to think tho that Miami appeals to all the Cuban guys and that they will accept less to play here. We have seen the strategy does NOT work. They like the cash and will go to whoever offers the most. Use Sierra as an example,hear Miami and Dodgers both offered around 6/30 however ours was IF he is in the majors/pitches so many innings. LA was guaranteed cash, so if he sucks he still gets paid. He took the deal which gave him the most cash

The frustrating part is that Jeff wants them after he sees they will be stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                                anyone have historical evidence of mattingly correctly platooning?
                                Andre Ethier didn't get many AB's against lefties last year.
                                He also seemed to use Grandal like many on here wanted the Marlins to use Saltalamacchia in past years.

I'm not exactly sure if he's an awesome manager, but it seems like he has a clue at least. I'm not sure how much of an input the Dodgers saber front office had in his in-game moves though.

Comment

Working...
                                X