X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Zephyrs 2014 Discussion

Talk about the Zephyrs here.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Jim Crane is in negotiations to buy the Zephyrs and move then closer to Houston.
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Which would end our affiliation with them obviously.

We need to get back in the IL.

Comment

thoughts on Brian Flynn? anyone?

Comment

He's really tall.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I like him a lot.

http://marlinmaniac.com/2013/04/24/m...e-brian-flynn/

Comment

Chris Hatcher is the lone representative of the Zephyrs for the Triple-A All-Star game.

Comment

Metairie, LA – New Orleans Zephyrs outfielder Jake Marisnick and pitcher Andrew Heaney were named the Miami Marlins' Minor League Player and Pitcher of the Month for May, the Marlins announced Tuesday.

Marisnick batted .347 (35-for-101) over 28 games with three doubles, two triples, three home runs and 13 RBI. He posted a .389 on-base percentage and .505 slugging percentage while stealing eight bases, second-most in the Pacific Coast League in May. He also had a 16-game hitting streak, tied for the longest in the PCL in 2014. Marisnick, acquired from the Toronto Blue Jays in 2012, was drafted in the third round in 2009 out of Riverside Poly High School (CA).

Heaney went 3-1 with a 1.96 ERA in six starts between New Orleans and Double-A Jacksonville. Over 36 2/3 innings pitched, he held opponents to a .213 batting average while striking out 38 and walking only seven. Heaney, the Marlins' first round selection in the 2012 draft out of Oklahoma State University, was also named Southern League Pitcher of the Week for April 14-20.
                - See more at: http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/zep....S99iTPI5.dpuf

Comment

Zephyrs and Marlins have extended their Player Development Contract through the 2016 season.

Comment

Working...
                  X