This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    I don't like giving up a top half first round pick for a guy at an age that could decline soon.
    Pretty solid draft spot. From 2000-2010, 82% have reached the majors. 45% have been solid regulars. Lotttt of good names in the 90s.

Getting a good college player there would be huge.

Comment

• Headley + Shields and then trade Heaney for Starlin and OMG I would love that team so so so much.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Headley + Shields and then trade Heaney for Starlin and OMG I would love that team so so so much.
        Would they challenge the Nats for the division?

Also, mentioned you on Marlin Maniac for the Starlin idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sr.Imbto
          I am not a fan of bringing Hanley back.

I'll be happy with a LaRoche and Shields market. Only gaping hole left would be 3B
          --------------------
          Hanley
          And 3B, and 2b, and SS.

Comment

• LaRoche is basically a slightly better and older Jones. Really don't get why we'd be in on him. He still really needs to be platooned, and he's going to get a multiyear deal for big money at an age where we probably shouldn't be touching that.

Starlin trade makes a ton of sense. I'm not a HUGE fan of the ramifications of signing Shields, and I can't imagine he'd be all that interested to come here, but for the right price it certainly makes us a lot better. That team is incredible.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I mean, maybe Headley is super expensive but I can't understand being in on LaRoche and not Headley. He's quite a bit better.
              poop

Comment

• You should realize by now this FO will never, ever, ever give Dietrich a starting role.

We need to trade him for something useful.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  You should realize by now this FO will never, ever, ever give Dietrich a starting role.

We need to trade him for something useful.
                  I've developed Stockholm Syndrome with Dietrich and Hech. I'm just accepting that this is how things will be.
                  poop

Comment

• Garrett Jones has accumulated 0.7 WAR the past three years (0.2 WAR per season).

LaRoche has accumulated 7.2 WAR (2.4 WAR per season).

He's more than "slightly better." Jones has been terrible since his rookie season.

Age is a huge issue though, and if he wants more than two years than stay the hell away.

I do think Michael Morse should really be investigated, though.

Comment

• I think he's better, but I think investing 8 figures in a platoon player is super pointless.
                      poop

Comment

• I can get on the Mike Morse horse.

Comment

• He'd probably be cheap-ish, but also probably for a reason.
                          poop

Comment

• you are bad at jokes. that is two bad jokes about hech.
                            poop

Comment

• Hanley would be worth 2 more wins than Hech

Comment

• Probably.

There are more efficient ways to spend $18 million per year, I think.

I would be thrilled if they signed Hanley because he's hilarious and fun and I enjoy those things, but I don't actually think that would be the best way to spend this money moving forward.

That being said, #BringHanleyHome.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X