No announcement yet.

Andrew Heaney, LHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Scouts have raved about Heaney’s quick arm and clean, effortless delivery,” according to the magazine’s draft analysis of the pitcher. “The 6-foot-2, 174-pounder has added 2-3 mph and touches 95 mph. He not only throws strikes, but generates swings and misses. In a down year for left-handed pitching, Heaney is clearly the best college southpaw available.”

The first eight picks went pretty much as expected, Meek said. But when Mark Appel, a right-hander out of Stanford whom some analysts projected to go in the top two picks, remained undrafted after the first seven selections, Meek said consideration was given to taking him with the Marlins’ ninth pick.

Missed chance

Pittsburgh, picking eighth, snatched him just before the Marlins had a chance to get their hands on him.

“Outside of Appel, everything went as planned,” Meek said. “There were serious discussions regarding him.”
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/0...#storylink=cpy
    fucking Pirates
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

we probably wouldn't have had enough money
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Yeah, but I read somewhere that this guy is going to be a loogy.
        That is every Left Handed pitchers bottom,its like the Rob Rasmussen pick we made. We are having him start in the minors however by the end of this year or by next year he will be in the bullpen and projects as a RP/LOOGY in the majors.

As for Appel,NO WAY we would have taken him. The Pirates have 6.6 million to spend and probably 5-5.5 million will go to him. Overall not a bad pick and like Lou said no team has ever said they have too much pitching

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          That is every Left Handed pitchers bottom,its like the Rob Rasmussen pick we made. We are having him start in the minors however by the end of this year or by next year he will be in the bullpen and projects as a RP/LOOGY in the majors.

As for Appel,NO WAY we would have taken him. The Pirates have 6.6 million to spend and probably 5-5.5 million will go to him. Overall not a bad pick and like Lou said no team has ever said they have too much pitching
          I was joking. Calm down.
          poop

Comment

Woke up this morning and realized it wasn't a dream! So proud to be picked by the Marlins! Can't wait to get started.
            from his twitter about a minute ago
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

We are having him start in the minors however by the end of this year or by next year he will be in the bullpen and projects as a RP/LOOGY in the majors.
              I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

We took him in the 1st round. By the end of this year/next year, he'll still project to be a starter.

Rasmussen's case is actually different since he doesn't have Heaney's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

We took him in the 1st round. By the end of this year/next year, he'll still project to be a starter.

Rasmussen's case is actually different since he doesn't have Heaney's stuff.
                I am talking about Rasmussen-he is starting in Jupiter however by the end of the year or beginning of next he should be in the pen

Heaney will be with Hope,Reyes,Del Orbe in GBoro next year

Comment

I am talking about Rasmussen-he is starting in Jupiter however by the end of the year or beginning of next he should be in the pen

My bad then.

Comment

I think he probably goes to Jupiter immediately. I wouldn't be super surprised if he was in Jacksonville early in the 2013 season.
                    Christian Yelich
                    LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                    12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                    100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                    .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Well this sucks:

Jim Callis
                      ‏@jimcallisBA
                      Source tells me ‪#Marlins‬ have informed 1st-rder Andrew Heaney they won't sign him. Have yet to offer close to $2.8 mil pick value. ‪#mlbdraft‬
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, I just got really nervous about this offseason.

Comment

They are saving all their money for Greinke? I think it would be a perfect fit for him.

/pipedream
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Do the Marlins get this pick back next year?

Comment

Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat
                              Confirmed @jimcallisBA report that ‪#Marlins‬ will not be signing first-round pick Andrew Heaney. Wanted $2.8M. Team offered $2.6M.
                              Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat
                              No. 10 overall in '13 RT @zachkleiman35: do we get a pick in the same slot next year or just lose out altogether?

Comment

Yeah, plus one slot (#10 pick next year)

Comment

Working...
                                X