Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loria Pens Open Letter to "Fans"

[@luirangel]
    Last edited by TheMendozaLine; 02-24-2013, 09:08 AM.

"The trade has been almost universally praised by baseball experts"

LOL

Also, Mr. Loria, the ballpark was funded with tourist taxes. But in order to make enough funds available for the ballpark, the County had to redirect tourist funds being used to pay off the Adrienne Arscht Center. The AAC is now being paid off with property tax money. It's the shell game that was at the center of Braman's lawsuit. So to say the ballpark is funded directly by hotel faxes is true, but intellectually dishonest.
    Last edited by Party; 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

"I can and will invest in building a winner."

Then offer Stanton a contract, guy.

Comment

Wow yeah he totally won me over

That was even more painful to read as a copy editor than as a baseball fan
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

"It ain't true, folks"

The same pompous fuck who corrected a fan's grammar at spring training last season ("You haven't 'run' that fast, not 'ran'") now attempts to ingratiate himself with his lowbrow fan base by speaking to them in their own language. How endearing.

Comment

Switching to The Jeffrey Group is already paying dividends.
            --------------------
            Clearer pics of the letter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillManso...2512129/photos

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillManso...180352/photo/1

https://twitter.com/WillManso/status...592512/photo/1
            Last edited by Party; 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Look, I don't give a shit about Loria. If you want to build your own team from the bottom up, go ahead, I support that. Now, come 4-5 years from now, I don't want to see us trading our guys because we don't want to pay them.

Therefore Mr. Loria, if you're so serious about growing from within, eat your words and offer Stanton a contract he can't refuse. Make him a Marlin for atleast the next 7-10 years. This will be phase one of gaining back your fans.

Comment

You guys, I don't think he's reading

Comment

'I humbly ask that we start fresh'
                  LOL. This statement is the epitome of humble.

I give him credit for finally talking, like what most fans wanted him to do earlier. But all the talk of "universally lauded" trades and ballpark architecture won't mean anything if he keeps Beinfest and the rudimentary system of grading players (i.e. RBIs and the such).

Comment

Ehhh he talked about homegrown system. 25 the players on the 40 aren't homegrown.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He's touting how much better his minor league system got after he traded 80% his starters.

He's positive that every one of his fans has a 60 IQ. And he's pleading with all of his low IQ fans to "CEASE THE ATTACKS".

Go fuck yourself.
                      Last edited by Namaste; 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        Ehhh he talked about homegrown system. 25 the players on the 40 aren't homegrown.
                        How does that compare to others?

He mentions creating a homegrown roster - so not necessarily right this second but more so when some of these players make their way up

Comment

Originally posted by ochre View Post
                          'I humbly ask that we start fresh'
                          LOL. This statement is the epitome of humble.

I give him credit for finally talking, like what most fans wanted him to do earlier. But all the talk of "universally lauded" trades and ballpark architecture won't mean anything if he keeps Beinfest and the rudimentary system of grading players (i.e. RBIs and the such).
                          If you think that shitstain wrote that, I have a bridge in the Everglades and some swamp land in Brooklyn for you.

He penned his name to it, but that was written by hacks in The Jeffrey Group.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                          That's because they can't draft for shit. They have gotten maybe 3 or 4 players in 10 years of drafts out of their 1st and 2nd round and not all of those have made it as MLB players yet, and are still in AA this year.
                          Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-24-2013, 12:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I agree that the method of $100 million+ payroll wasn't sustainable, but it was his responsibility to know that before last season. Last season should've been a $60-70 million payroll, with it staying the same or a little bit up every season thereafter. It's Loria and his baseball people's jobs to find out if they could've maintained a profit even in a bad season with a $100+ million payroll.

I think Loria understands just how much of a PR nightmare he's created, but honestly, as long as he's making money and putting together a meh team, I think he's cool with pissing off the fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                              If you think that shitstain wrote that, I have a bridge in the Everglades and some swamp land in Brooklyn for you.

He penned his name to it, but that was written by hacks in The Jeffrey Group.
                              The whole note came off very condescending, self serving and defensive. You don't think Loria wrote that?

Comment

Working...
                              X