Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless, I think you trade for a young 1B/3B and a young 2B/SS, ideally anyways, so there is competition across the board.

Comment

Even if we think he's slightly above average defensively, he's still probably in the bottom third of starting shortstops in the majors, overall. And there's really not anything he does that you can look at and say "He can eventually be elite here." He has zero power -- though, amazingly, he's three-hundredths of a point behind McGehee, who also sucks -- he was a disastrous baserunner last season who has become merely OK, he doesn't walk, and there are real questions about whether he's actually a plus defensively.

He's gone from being the worst everyday player in baseball to merely bad. Maybe you give him one more year to see if he can become an average player by taking that next step, but I'm not particularly hopeful.

When you're crossing your fingers and hoping someone becomes average, fuck it, they're not worth the time.
      --------------------
      Does he make $2 million plus again next season? I'd get rid of him just for that.
      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-17-2014, 04:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      poop

Comment

UBR has him as the 29th best baserunner in MLB, bobbob.

I don't know what UBR is.
        --------------------
        Apparently, he's an above average base runner when not including stolen base attempts.

Overall, including SB, he drops to 49th.
        Last edited by HUGG; 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

(I know you weren't being serious, but I'll respond as if you were)

I was going by the BsR stat on their player page, which has him 47th out of 151 qualified. Which is fine, above average, but certainly not elite. If he's 29th out of 151 then that's better, but certainly not cause for celebration.

If being in the 80th percentile as a baserunner -- with a .300 OBP -- is the best thing he does, he's probably not a major-league player.
          poop

Comment

Yeah, but you said "merely OK." I was just correcting you.

Comment

h8u
              poop

Comment

He passed Hanley in batting average today, y'all need to quit hating.

His OPS is 8 points lower than Elvis Andrus. Remember when Texas gave him that big contract?

We're gonna do the same thing.
                --------------------
                A glimpse into the future

MIAMI, Florida -- Adeiny Hechavarria wants to win a World Series. And he wants to win it with the Marlins.

Bringing a world title to Miami, manager Mike Redmond and his love for the Miami area highlighted the reasons Hechavarria gave for signing an eight-year, $120 million contract extension with the Marlins that was formally announced Thursday at Marlins Park.
                --------------------
                Hecahvarria's OPS is 40 points higher than Carlos Gomez's was in his 2nd full season.

2018 Hech is gonna be so fun.
                Last edited by HUGG; 08-17-2014, 04:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  He passed Hanley in batting average today, y'all need to quit hating.

His OPS is 8 points lower than Elvis Andrus. Remember when Texas gave him that big contract?

We're gonna do the same thing.
                  --------------------
                  A glimpse into the future

--------------------
                  Hecahvarria's OPS is 40 points higher than Carlos Gomez's was in his 2nd full season.

2018 Hech is gonna be so fun.
                  Gomez was terrible for a few yrs. These last 2 yrs he has started to put it together. He actually reminds me of Ozuna who doesn't have the speed of GoGo but their ABs and power remind me of eachother.

Comment

I was not remotely serious.

Comment

I am really starting to hate nicknames

Comment

"beef"

Comment

That's an avatar

Comment

Marlins Plan to Add Front of the Rotation Arm

You're one of those blue things that has sex via its ponytail?
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              h8u (when I'm living without you)
                              For my blackjacks
                              Sanchez life

Comment

If we had taken Rodon instead of Kolek, we might have had another arm to use in September. CWS already have Rodon in AAA

Comment

Working...
                                X