No announcement yet.

Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no reason they can't have a $90-100 million payroll every year. That would be below the median at this point. It's not unreasonable at all.

There's no logical reason to argue they cannot afford Stanton.

But they aren't a real franchise, so he gone.
    --------------------
    I look forward to them breaking up the best young outfield in baseball this offseason in order while keeping together their shit replacement level infield because they have boners for McGehee and Hech.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-04-2014, 09:34 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

• Do you think it happens this offseason, bob?

I always envisioned it happening at the deadline in 2015 or the winter meetings.

Comment

• I think they'll add pieces next offseason for one last try with Stanton. Then deal him pretty much no matter what in the 2015-2016 offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Do you think it happens this offseason, bob?

I always envisioned it happening at the deadline in 2015 or the winter meetings.
          I'm preparing myself for it, whether it happens now or next offseason is kinda irrelevant to me.

As things stand, I think they're setting themselves up to be a 75-win team next season, so I don't think he's here next August anyways.
          poop

Comment

• Just let Stanton have his arb number this year. Add Shields and a RH compliment for Jones (because they are going to keep him) and let Keke play second. Deal Cishek for a 3B/OF. Have a happy little off-season.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              whether it happens now or next offseason is kinda irrelevant to me.
              Fair enough but my 8 year old only goes to games/watches on TV because of Stanton so it's relevent for me.

Comment

• Only hope is getting Puig for him.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Kershaw baby.

Comment

• Stanton was interviewed on Olbermann this afternoon. Nothing earth-shattering, but he did say his first priority is to stay with the Marlins...but also said he wanted to play for a winner. The fact that he has to point that out tells me he's not terribly optimistic about the Marlins showing they're consistently interested in putting a winning team together.

Comment

• I think Stanton is going to be LeBron-like this off-season. He won't commit to the team, but will tell them put together a roster and go then they'll talk extension later. I doubt he's going to put his two cents on the players he wants on the team either. then based on the team and contract offer, he'll consider resigning then. Even then it would be a long shot.

Comment

• I think only reason he even says anything about staying here is for image reasons. You don't want to be bashing your current team while on it.

But I don't know him, just my personal assumption.

Comment

• Kershaws performance today helps Stantons case for MVP

Comment

• I think you're being sarcastic, but they voted before the post-season.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• what thrill said

has no bearing, all votes are cast before the postseason
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• This is a bit concerning, no?

Interviewed afterward on MLB Network, Stanton said he still experiences some headaches from the beaning incident but vowed that he will be ready for spring training.
                                http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...104-story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X